pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

Darthmaullv
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Factorio 1.1.109 Full Py Mod latests version - FPS/UPS drop every 5 minutes

Post by Darthmaullv »

Hello everyone,

Just getting started into Py and having an issue that I cannot solve. I start a map, get some small portion of a base going with barely any map explored and the game starts to behave as the subject states. Every 5 minutes the game freezes (not my computer, just factorio) and FPS/UPS drops from a solid 60 FPS to 6-8 FPS/UPS then jumps back up. Save interval is 60 minutes so I know it is not that.

My current run, I have just enough to make the resources for the first science pack. Have not researched automation yet so the base is quite small. Issue is already occurring. I am posting here because I have narrowed down the issue to this group of mods. I have ran and completed IR3, Krastorio 2 and many other QoL mods/mod packs without this issue. As soon as I put pY in and start to build up it is present.

PC specs
Intel 10th gen i7 10700f 2.9 Ghz 8 cores 16 threads
128 GB DDR4 3200 2666 Mhz RAM
Lexar NM790 m.2 2280 PCIe Gen4x4 NVMe SSD - Sequential read up to 7400MB/s, sequential write up to 6500MB/s
Win11 Home 64 bit
Geforce RTX 2070 Super 8GB GDRR6 RAM 256-bit HDMI

Game Details:
Steam Factorio 1.1.109 (also tested in direct PC installed Factorio 1.1.109)

Mods:
Current Full Py
Afraid of the Dark
Bottleneck
Creative Mod
Even Distribution
Far Reach
Infinite Ores and Oils
Noxys Stack size multiplier
Power Grid Comb
Prismatic Belts
QoL Armor
Resource Spawner Overhaul
Squeak Through 2
Tag to Teleport

Everything I have tried so far:
Run new map (tried all sorts of modifications to starting resources, trees, water and none seem to matter) do nothing and wait 20+ minutes and issue is not present
Gone through every possible setting for graphics and dropped them to lowest values but issue persists
Run task manager on top of game and do not see any resource spikes when this occurs
Uninstall and re-install game in Steam
Installed stand alone Factorio using latest save
Completely removed all mods then added back latest versions of all
Added all mods (except any pY mods) one at a time and built a decent base in vanilla testing each mod for 20+ minutes with no issues
Had issue when I was using a SATA drive so moved to the m.2 SSD
Had issue when I had only 16 GB of RAM so replaced and updated to 128 GB

Hoping someone has an idea of what the mod pack could be doing/updating/processing every 5 minutes that could be adjusted or disabled. It is really frustrating to trying to play and progress.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Factorio 1.1.109 Full Py Mod latests version - FPS/UPS drop every 5 minutes

Post by mmmPI »

You could post a save game, even empty, so it's easier to sync the mods to the exact version you are using.

If you want to try and search for yourself, you can use the debug tools in game, accessible pressing F4 by default and search for "time usage". If active this option will show numbers on the left part of the screen, that can help identify the cause of the slowdown, posting a screenshot taken when the slowdown occurs or just after it would help too.

Darthmaullv
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Factorio 1.1.109 Full Py Mod latests version - FPS/UPS drop every 5 minutes

Post by Darthmaullv »

I have included a save. F4 does not seem to tell me anything because the game is frozen with the blue spinning wheel (or sometimes the game will go white/not responding), so the data display also stops until the game recovers.
Py No Freeze Pls.zip
(11.77 MiB) Downloaded 15 times

Return to “PyMods”