pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

camerondconrad
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Filtration Media loop?

Post by camerondconrad »

Hello!

After much searching and a spreadsheet, I figured out that to make activated carbon you need Nitrogen. To make nitrogen in any quantity, you need a filtration media, which requires... activated carbon?

So you currently need to first set up the initial factory line using just the byproduct Nitrogen from creating "Purest Nitrogen Gas", which is not a good yield. Then, once you have got it running, split some of the same product back into the production line to turn your pure gas into flat nitrogen.

I just wanted to check if this was intended?

The cycles are getting to be pretty complex and I am having trouble keeping track of all of my products, which is what I signed up for, but this one seems built to make you create an assembly line, and then wait for it to start slowly, and then once it is going, immediately redesign part of it, which seems... I just want to check if it is intentional haha.

Happy Holidays,
CC

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Filtration Media loop?

Post by pyanodon »

thanks, its intended, its a loop that recover part of nitrogen.

merry christmas. :)
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Filtration Media loop?

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

camerondconrad wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:04 am
Hello!

After much searching and a spreadsheet, I figured out that to make activated carbon you need Nitrogen. To make nitrogen in any quantity, you need a filtration media, which requires... activated carbon?

So you currently need to first set up the initial factory line using just the byproduct Nitrogen from creating "Purest Nitrogen Gas", which is not a good yield. Then, once you have got it running, split some of the same product back into the production line to turn your pure gas into flat nitrogen.

I just wanted to check if this was intended?

The cycles are getting to be pretty complex and I am having trouble keeping track of all of my products, which is what I signed up for, but this one seems built to make you create an assembly line, and then wait for it to start slowly, and then once it is going, immediately redesign part of it, which seems... I just want to check if it is intentional haha.

Happy Holidays,
CC
there is also the cold clean air loop that requires liquid nitrogen
they loop you described it the main bottleneck atm since you need lots of pumps and other inputs mainly coke and iron( to extract sand and gravel)

Return to “PyMods”