Get stucked with basic LTN ID problem [solved]

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

TheEPOCH
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Get stucked with basic LTN ID problem [solved]

Post by TheEPOCH »

Hello,

I am more or less very new to Factorio and discovered the world of Factorio mods right now with the LTN mod.

I need some help please, with a very basic game-play-problem within the LTN mod, to describe the problem here a example:

I have a depot to cache coal ore. This depot has an input station and an output station. Furthermore there is a station connected to a coal mining field and of course a train depot. The very basic LTN stuff works (LTN station request stuff, train goes to provider, takes stuff needed...).

Now in my build i have the problem, that the train circles between my depot's output and input to fulfill the request of the depot.

I thougth no problem, I read about "Encoded Network ID", build constant combinators, connect them to the light of the LTN stations of depot, mining and depot input and give them the networkid with the value "2".

This don't work! The train circles as there is no id... :?:

Can someone help me please, is there a basic misunderstood of ltn by me?

Thanks and regards from germany!
Last edited by TheEPOCH on Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Get stucked with basic LTN problem

Post by Optera »

Caches are useless overhead, unless you load from long ore trains to smaller inner base trains.
In that case the solution is to set min length to ore trains on requester and max length to smaller trains on provider.

TheEPOCH
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Get stucked with basic LTN problem

Post by TheEPOCH »

Hello,

thanks for answering. I will keep it in mind for evolving my base.

For my original problem i found the answer by myself. I'll give it now, for all the other bloody and stupid beginners. :?

I did not understand the behavior of the binary idea behind the IDs. Especially the point that nothing is encoded in 1111... So i give an constant combinators with id 1 to all other stations and now it works as expected.

Bye :)

Return to “Logistic Train Network”