Orders being created below the request limit

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Bacon117
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Orders being created below the request limit

Post by Bacon117 »

Using LTN to deliver some crude oil, I ran into a situation where LTN was creating deliveries from my crude supply for less than the minimum request I set. I set it for a minimum of 50k oil (half a train), but it was still making deliveries for 40k something. At one point, when my crude oil was running low, LTN was creating deliveries for crude oil as low as 4k. Nearly every train in my depot was out trying to pickup a tiny amount of crude oil.

I didn't catch the 4k delivery, but you can see there is a delivery for 41166, which is below 50k. At one point, LTN was sending some 1-1 trains to pickup oil, which prompted me to set the train size.

Is this a bug, or did I set something wrong at the requestor station?
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (144.73 KiB) Viewed 937 times

Bacon117
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Orders being created below the request limit

Post by Bacon117 »

I MIGHT have found the problem. I think I didn't notice a constant combinator ghost behind my crude stop and added another one. I set a request limit really high to avoid drop-off requests being sent to my crude supply station. Well, I simply pressed "1" and held it, making the minimum request amount ~2.1G. However, with two combinators outputting the same value, the actual request limit on the line was -2. Must have been an overflow error. Weird.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (1.89 MiB) Viewed 935 times

Return to “Logistic Train Network”