Train Tiers

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

JackPS9
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Train Tiers

Post by JackPS9 »

So I'm using Electric Trains, just wondering if there is anyway I can use this mod to tell me what locomotives make up the train that stops at a station.
Asking as going through every train and manual checking if it's the base game train or one of the three tiers of electric is annoying. Just looking for a way to find the ones that I need to upgrade easier.

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Train Tiers

Post by robot256 »

There is, actually. The LTN stop produces on its constant combinator output a series of signals for each type of wagon and loco in the train. Look for the virtual signals with the train icon you want named "Encoded positions of..." and "#" on it. You can hook this to an RS-latch and then to a rail signal and speaker, so that if a basic loco arrives, it can't leave until you reset the circuit.

JackPS9
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by JackPS9 »

robot256 wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:48 pm
There is, actually. The LTN stop produces on its constant combinator output a series of signals for each type of wagon and loco in the train. Look for the virtual signals with the train icon you want named "Encoded positions of..." and "#" on it. You can hook this to an RS-latch and then to a rail signal and speaker, so that if a basic loco arrives, it can't leave until you reset the circuit.
I have never touched circuits in factorio so no idea what you're talking about...

EDIT:
So got it to work by just going wire from the output right to a signal with its closed condition being "Encoded Pos of Every Loco" = "Encoded pos of {Loco Type}"

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by robot256 »

Never to early to learn! I wasn't sure your solution would work if the LTN stop stops outputting the loco signal as soon as the train tries to leave the station. That's why a combinator circuit could be used to save the value even after the train leaves.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”