LTN stopped working properly

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Cylindryk
Inserter
Inserter

LTN stopped working properly

Post by Cylindryk »

First, yesterday was everything okay.
Today, I updated few mods (mostly another updated of Angels, related to LTN - LTN content reader, but it happens with it turned off too), and loaded my save and... I have big alarm of none trains being avaible to network.

When I check big electric pole with red/green signals, when I used to have many, many signals, now I have only 2.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... 7429494074
Trains at stations stopped unloading (to the point they are half full at stations, as stopped in middle of doing it?)
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 ... 7429499946

I know I didn't change anything, as I kinda don't get how it works - I copied it from Dirkerry88 who was showcased by Nilaus and I play it for fun and try to learn from it, and, well, it was working for over 1000h, now it stopped, and I don't get why... I would get it if it was something I changed, but I never did such thing... that was part of "is it working? Then don't touch it, because you will break it"...

https://mega.nz/file/MEwD1b6B#rtDL5w3G8 ... uZWgC8tj8I

This is my savefile, looks like sadly I don't have previous one working (at least, at all 3 autosaves problem is the same).

Anyone can help me?

Cylindryk
Inserter
Inserter

Re: LTN stopped working properly

Post by Cylindryk »

So... no help? :(

I reverted all my mods to about week ago, and it didn't help.
Something broke, and I don't get what and why.

And now I have all my fluid depots full with trains with fluids, and, gods, so many alarms... :/

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

There's several reasons for no one being able to help you.
- the problem description doesn't provide any clues about what went wrong
- loading saves with these many mods is a chore I certainly am not willing to undertake unless there's a real bug within my mods
- one of your mods is not even available on the portal

Cylindryk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cylindryk »

From last - which one is not available? O.O
Maybe it's not important mod that I can delete from save. Or just provide it.

If I had clues what is going on, I wouldn't need help probably. :)

What happened - it looks like my LTN network stopped detecting trains for some reason.
First it showed as alarm of "less then 5 cargo/fluids trains are avaiable".
At first I looked at my depots, thinking "it is time already for another depot, yay", but then I see full depots.
Right now I have alarms from all of my depots about full fluid trains being at depots (shouldn't ever happen).
LTN is telling me that there are now stations available for certain resources, which are available - I have checked. Provider stations with RAW materials are overflowing.
Trains no longer unload at stations.

As showed on first screen, I used to have there many red and green icons on that electric poles - I think it was showing what is provided and what is requested.

I checked - all my provider and requester stations use #1 LTN network (except those who use other, but let's just stay at main network for now).

If you don't want to load it (I understand why), I can provide any number of screenshots or video, just tell me what do you need to see.

What still amazes me - I reverted all my mods and Factorio version to week ago and it still not working...
And I'm sorry if you don't have answers for me - I kinda don't know what questions I should ask in that situation... i was really working and stopped, for me, without reason... :(

Cylindryk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cylindryk »

Hm... I was thinking that maybe changing Optera Library to Factorio Library helped (and decreasing version to 13.1, as that I have), but only thing I achieved is that my fluid wagons that were en route are loaded, but still won't unload.
And at loading save it save "migration from 13.8 to 13.1", so it may be possible that my savefiles are contaminated in that regard, and I don't have one that is working... :/

And still LTN is screaming that it has no trains avialable, and there are no stations providing stuff (which is not true).

I looked at station-requester for fluids, and changed on pomp signal from [fluid] > 0 to [fluid] = 0, it unloaded and train departed.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2118043108
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2118043233

But right now it looks like that station pomps would accept any kind of fluid, not one that is needed (circuit controllers are still green instead of turning red after traint departed).
Also wouldn't explain why it was working and now stopped.

Cylindryk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cylindryk »

Hm.
I found earlier save, when everything was working, for sure. It was uploaded for someone else, where one technology didn't show up properly and he wanted to get a look on that.
Now I loaded it.
Aaand... for some reason, LTN, again, stopped working as it should.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KRMeTE ... YcS9t/view

Ignore that one mod that is no longer on mod portal - it was some extension of late game, it shouldn't matter.
If it would matter, here it is repaired for .18.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1F4DCb ... 479MKejWIH
When I loaded it it said "migration from 1.13.1 to 1.13.8 completed, so I think something happened there.
Since there is not possible to download earlier version from site, could you please upload them?
I want to check with every version with that save and find which version is good to play.
Thank you.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

If LTN doesn't see available trains and providers:
- check if trains are in automatic mode and set to got to the depot
- check map settings
- check control signals
- check circuitry

I only ever support the most recent version of my mods.
Downgrade at your own risk of corrupting save data.

Cylindryk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cylindryk »

Once again - it was working, and somehow, without reason for me, it stopped.
I don't want to downgrade - I want last working version that is in that save, which was 1.13.1, to check if that is LTN problem, or not.
Which, for some reason, I can't download.

So, if it was working for about 1000h, and recently stopped, without me changing anything in LTN settings (or any kind of settings for that matter).

Please share with version 1.13.1, thank you.
I probably will not upgrade to newer if by instaling that 1.13.1 LTN would work so I would be out of your head. I just want my main save to work properly. :(

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

LTN does not "just stop working" for you out of the several thousand users.
I gave you the checklist on how to check for errors. I don't have time to error check mammoth saves.

Cylindryk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cylindryk »

And I don't want you to check it.

For now I just ask for last working version in that save, which is 1.13.1, but it is not available to download.

Seriously - I loaded that save, which is 1024h compared to 1040h to my "newest", I know it was working in that save and for 16 more hours, to some mod updates (which now I regret).
When I load it, LTN for whatever reason is no longer detecting trains and providers, and requesters too I think (trains do not unload on stations, even if they were in middle of doing it).
EDIT: Funny thing. Only fluids trains stopped unloading in the middle of that, or no longer unload. Cargo trains, even if trains were "in transit" in save, still unloaded properly. Of course, when they come back to depots, they are still not detected and LTN is screaming "<5 cargo/fluids trains available"...
To find culprit mod, I first need to go back with all mods to versions that are in that save, and carefully, if ever, update them 1 mod 1 version at the time.

LTN is only mod I cannot do that. :(

Like I said - I want to go back with all mods/game version to last known working and never update.

Cylindryk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cylindryk »

Okay, I get from other source version of your mod I wanted.

Reverted rest of mods to state in save with 1024h.

Suprise! LTN works as intended. When loading with all mods updated - it breaks.

Since I will have 2 days free I will slowly check with updating one mod at the time which one breaks it, and post it here.

Just for your information - I didn't change anything, LTN broke without reason other than updating mods. I hope that is enough proof for you.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”