LTN configuration for artillery train

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

LTN configuration for artillery train

Post by zOldBulldog »

I am redesigning my artillery "expansion" outpost to use LTN. This is not a regular route, it is what I use to push outward.

The plan:
- I place the blueprint and a minimum portion is built by my construction bots, the construction stop requests a train with supplies.
- Once certain parts are built, another stop requests fluid for flamethrowers.
- Once there is enough fluid, the artillery train gets called to do some pounding.
- Once its job is done I call a train to drain the fluid, deconstruct, call a train to remove the supplies, and manually deconstruct the remainder.

Most of the above I can handle. But I found nothing on LTN for artillery trains, LTN appears aware of artillery wagons, and searching yielded nothing I must ask:

1) Is there a guide or tutorial for using LTN to manage artillery trains? Can someone give me a link to it?

2) If no:
- I am using 1-4-1 artillery trains (both locos point the same way).
- I know I must set train limits (min = 6, max=6, limit=1).
- I know I must set the encoded train composition to ensure I get no cargo trains (loco=33=100001, arty=30=11110)
- How do I call artillery trains? Do I instead request artillery shells as they are the "cargo"?
- Is it an issue that artillery shells are never unloaded at destination?
- Is it an issue that artillery shells remain loaded?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: LTN configuration for artillery train

Post by Optera »

LTN ignores artillery wagons. They have no usable inventory to generate deliveries.
zOldBulldog wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 3:42 pm
How do I call artillery trains? Do I instead request artillery shells as they are the "cargo"?
What you could do is:
- attach a single cargo or fluid wagon
- have outposts, artillery depot and an artillery provider stop in their own network
- the artillery provider can be places just behind the depot and provide something for LTN to trigger on, fish for example
- trigger a delivery from artiller provider to the outpost you want the artillery to go to by requesting fish
- either unload the fish, let the stop time out or alternativly use circuit signals and have a timer circuit at the outpost
zOldBulldog wrote:
- I know I must set train limits (min = 6, max=6, limit=1).
that's optional
zOldBulldog wrote:
- I know I must set the encoded train composition to ensure I get no cargo trains (loco=33=100001, arty=30=11110)
position is read only

Return to “Logistic Train Network”