Feature request regarding error and warning notification

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Salty Wagyu
Inserter
Inserter

Feature request regarding error and warning notification

Post by Salty Wagyu »

Would it be possible to make the Error and Warning (Message Level 1 in LTN options) more verbose regarding why there are no stations supplying a product? E.g. right now it is: "No stations supplying Iron Ingots found in networks 0xffffff"

But could be improved by having two different messages:
No stations supplying Iron Ingots found in networks 0xffffff - Station(s) busy.
No stations supplying Iron Ingots found in networks 0xffffff - Product exhausted.

Whenever the warnings as it is right now come up I have to open up the map, find the city block and take a look at what's going on. If it was a station busy message (due to how I have my stations limited to 1 train at a time) I could safely ignore it and carry on playing.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Feature request regarding error and warning notification

Post by nuhll »

or Depots busy..^^

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

The messages about no train 7 <= length <= 7 being available to transport 123240 stacks coming in every second are annoying too. This happens whenever all my fluid trains are busy and LTN want's to add another train. Then you get one message per second till a fluid train becomes available again.

1) fluids are stacks?
2) why doesn't that hit the message limit? Once is enough and then stay silent for 180s. Is it because the amount changes every tick?
3) Instead of saying network 0xFFFFFFFF how about leaving that out in that case? It's all networks. Only give a network ID when it is limited.

DaleStan
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DaleStan »

Salty Wagyu wrote:No stations supplying Iron Ingots found in networks 0xffffff - Station(s) busy.
No stations supplying Iron Ingots found in networks 0xffffff - Product exhausted.
How does LTN detect "product exhausted"? "Product exhausted" sounds to me like "this station is supposed to supply iron ore, but doesn't". If it just uses "this station once ever in its life supplied iron ore", then you'll run afoul of a mod I currently can't find, that sprinkles bits of iron ore in your copper fields. Eventually enough of this will build up, and LTN will send an iron train over to pick it up. Later, you see "product exhausted". Is this because you have trains headed to all four of your real iron ore stations, and no more iron ore has appeared at your copper ore station, or because one of your actual iron ore mines is out of iron?

EDIT: I found the mod I was thinking of: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/blueblue/orechaos.
Last edited by DaleStan on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

mrvn wrote:The messages about no train 7 <= length <= 7 being available to transport 123240 stacks coming in every second are annoying too. This happens whenever all my fluid trains are busy and LTN want's to add another train. Then you get one message per second till a fluid train becomes available again.

1) fluids are stacks?
2) why doesn't that hit the message limit? Once is enough and then stay silent for 180s. Is it because the amount changes every tick?
3) Instead of saying network 0xFFFFFFFF how about leaving that out in that case? It's all networks. Only give a network ID when it is limited.
Because I'm too lazy to properly write localization for all those edge cases.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

Whats more lazy then let it out. It doesnt add any value.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

DaleStan wrote:
Salty Wagyu wrote:No stations supplying Iron Ingots found in networks 0xffffff - Station(s) busy.
How does LTN detect "product exhausted"? "Product exhausted" sounds to me like "this station is supposed to supply iron ore, but doesn't". If it just uses "this station once ever in its life supplied iron ore", then you'll run afoul of a mod I currently can't find, that sprinkles bits of iron ore in your copper fields. Eventually enough of this will build up, and LTN will send an iron train over to pick it up. Later, you see "product exhausted". Is this because you have trains headed to all four of your real iron ore stations, and no more iron ore has appeared at your copper ore station, or because one of your actual iron ore mines is out of iron?

EDIT: I found the mod I was thinking of: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/blueblue/orechaos.
There are several cases:

1) Stations provide enough iron ingots but they all have reached their train limits.
2) Stations provide iron ingots but below the provides limits.
3) No station provides iron ingots.

Case 1 should be easy to detect. Case 3 is easy too. But case 2 could be tricky. Every station receiving iron ingots also provides them when it gets a few iron ingots above the requested amount. How do you filter those out?

It could be useful to monitor LTN station and check if the provided items that are below the provider limit change over time. If the count remains constant for say 5 minute a message could be shown: "Station xyz has stopped producing iron ingots". Maybe this kind of message could be enabled if the "No warnings" signal is negative.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”