[Poll] Should LTN localize mod name?

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Should LTN localize mod name?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:59 am

Yes
50%
No
33%
Don't care
17%
Other, see comment
No votes

Total votes: 6

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[Poll] Should LTN localize mod name?

Post by Optera »

I got the localized mod name from my Chinese translator this week. For 1.4.9 Chinese and German translated Mod Name has been added as demo how it'd look amidst mostly English titled mods.
Please tell me if I should keep it or revert to pure English mod title and why.

On_fire
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Should LTN localize mod name?

Post by On_fire »

I'd say absolutely yes. While I only speak English, I have used mods in other games that had names that weren't in English. It can be a really confusing headache trying to deal with mods that aren't named in the language you speak, especially if you are using more then one.

To that I would add, if no-one bothers translating the mod names just because most of the mods don't have a translated name, then the mod names will always be predominantly English only. And I think that just just treats users of other languages like crap.

Not saying that mods without translations are crap or anything, it's hard and complicated to get even poor translations for a mod, let alone something decent. But I definately think that if it's available, it should be used. ;)

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Poll] Should LTN localize mod name?

Post by nuhll »

ahhh, i want to add something.

Im german, and i voted yes for translation, but i would prefer to dont translate proper names like Logistic Train Network (LTN) thats the name of the mod, because logistisches bahn netzwerk really sounds weired xD

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

nuhll wrote:ahhh, i want to add something.

Im german, and i voted yes for translation, but i would prefer to dont translate proper names like Logistic Train Network (LTN) thats the name of the mod, because logistisches bahn netzwerk really sounds weired xD
This poll always has been about translating the proper name. Makes no sense to vote yes and then say "I voted yes, but i actually don't want yes" :roll:
PS the poll ended 3 months ago

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

Sad :(

In english class in germany u learn, never translate proper names.

Or do you know a wait castle (Wartburg?) :D

Return to “Logistic Train Network”