Quick Question about merged transports

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Syn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Quick Question about merged transports

Post by Syn »

I try different setups and metods lately and at the moment mostly merged transports.

My problem is, that the chargos will not fully load. There is always 1 stack, which is 'splittet up' and because of that it doesn't work.

For example: When I try to make a merged transport of Iron and Steel, I a have two nearly full chargo wagons, but in one wagon is 50 iron and in the other is 150 iron. Because of that, it can not load the last stack of steel and the train waits forever.

Any ideas what i can do against it?

Or is there an option to let the trains ALWAYS leave the station, if there is "2 seconds inactivity" ?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Quick Question about merged transports

Post by Optera »

Trains will always be forced to leave stops after Stop inactivity timeout. (default 120s)
That's the OR 120s inactivity in the schedule.

If you have deliveries generated that exceed stack size or are not properly split, enable debug logging during creation of that delivery and send me factorio-current.log.

Edit:
Delivery merging works as intended in 1.4.1.
You may need to use higher locked slots per wagon values. With 6 stack filter inserters and 2 different plates a value of 3+ is required to prevent stuck inserters.

Syn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Syn »

Didn't tried the 'locked slots' yet :/ I have this mod for ... a year or so, but 'locked slots' and 'train composition' I never completely understand.

But BIG THANKS! I will try it today :)

PS: It do not exeed stack size. There is only a half stack in the first chargo and a half in the second and so 1 slot is 'missing' (2 half full iron stacks but no further iron is needed).
PS2: 120s is very long, if you need that trainstop :)

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Syn wrote:Didn't tried the 'locked slots' yet :/ I have this mod for ... a year or so, but 'locked slots' and 'train composition' I never completely understand.
The first public alpha was released only half a year ago on 10.11.2016. If you know how LTN will look in another 6 months you have to tell me. :lol:

Train composition are binary signals. See this thread for details.

Locked Slots per Wagon is similar to the red X in every wagon/chest to blocking automatic loading.
Any train to a provider with it will be seen as having Locked Slots per wagon less slots per wagon.
PS2: 120s is very long, if you need that trainstop :)
A correctly configured station should never trigger that timeout. However you can configure it in the mod settings.

Syn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Syn »

The first public alpha was released only half a year ago on 10.11.2016. If you know how LTN will look in another 6 months you have to tell me. :lol:
You have to round it up :D . its about 0,75 years so it is 1 rounded up :lol:
Any train to a provider with it will be seen as having Locked Slots per wagon less slots per wagon.
This sentense saved me much trying. Thanks! :D . Didn't know what you mean with the sentence on the main page. I thought it locks it for real in the wagons or so on.
Locked Slots per Wagon (optional) - number of inventory slots per wagon locked for this provider (default=0 false)
Train composition are binary signals. See this thread for details.
I work a lot with binary numbers. I once programmed a flying pokeball in a led cube with a binary matrix (on a Pic in assembler) :ugeek: . But I never needed fluid/chargo mixed trains and when I tried it some time ago I failed and lost interest :?

But That 'Locked Slots' sounds great, lets see how compact I can make my new train stations :D

Big Thanks for the tipps :!:

Syn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Syn »

I made it :)

I needed 5 stations before, but now i need only a HALF :D
Pic1
It is not perfect, but for trying it was good :) I run a 3h test without problems. Everything works fine :D

But I have to make a small 'circut-requester' for myself to implement it later in my actual train system :?

It needs 5 different things and many of them, but I need the train station less then half of the time. And the station needs a lot :!:
Pic2
It is delivering a ton of 5 different things to only a half of a station, but everything works fine :) LTN is the best! :D

edit1: Put the pictures behind spoilers
Last edited by Syn on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Glad to hear conversion was smooth.

You may want to replace the loaders for un-/loading on the right 4 stations with filter stack inserter for better performance and flexibility.
Loaders don't connect to cargo wagons by default, that functionality is added through lua script and therefore magnitudes worse than their chest-belt performance.

Syn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Syn »

The right side is crap :) It is a sandbox map, where I try stuff. At first I tried to make everythink with loaders, but it didnt worked :/

Loading and Unloading with loaders is very nice for ores when you play Angel-Bob. They are very fast and needs no power, but the best is, you get it quite early.

In my current game (a new one) I have over 30 hours played and just got ready to make 'Electronik circut board', which you need for the LTN train station or the stack inserters. But the normal trains I have after .... 5 hours or so. Stack inserters are to expensive in Angel-Bob :)

Im at the moment fighting with having a 'half station' unloading 10 different items. It is a bit tricky, because of my supply system and the fact, that filter inserters only have 5 filters ..... but I have some ideas, and one of them hopefully works :D

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Syn wrote:Im at the moment fighting with having a 'half station' unloading 10 different items. It is a bit tricky, because of my supply system and the fact, that filter inserters only have 5 filters ..... but I have some ideas, and one of them hopefully works :D
Look in the Design thread.
The stations I posted there can (un)load an infinite number, limited by amount of stacks in a wagon and chests, of items by mathematically cycling through all.

Syn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Syn »

I have a bit strange delivery system, so I can't use the usual station. I always fill up my trains, so that I have not so many trains out.

And one big problem here was your "Request Threshold" Signal. I have items (like wood) with a stack size of 100 and others (like copper plate) with a stack size of 200. So I can't use your 'delivery-system'. I always send a ~7000 request (I have 2 chargo wagons), but I get a full loaded. So I had to modify something a bit :D . And using only 'half stations' made it even worse :?

But, I made It! :twisted:

Everything is full functional. In a 4h test, My suplly stations break down, but my 'Merged Stop' worked flowless :!: .

I even unload 2 different gases. I first tried to use barrels, but they have a stack size of 10 and I am requesting 7000 ..... that was a very bad idea xD. And I cant reduce it, or I will get a ton of copper requests, so changed to fluid wagons.

It took a while, because I had a hard time making a 'memory cell' :oops: . I tried different RS-Latch methods but they all save only 1 value, but I had to save my whole input. But afterwards, I needed only 5min for the liquid stations 8-) .

Why I needed a 'memory cell':
This is a button
Picture 1:
pic1
Picture 2:
pic2
mfg syn

Return to “Logistic Train Network”