When the train arrives at the unloading station and begins to unload, there is no corresponding type of cargo signal.

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

xutongxin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

When the train arrives at the unloading station and begins to unload, there is no corresponding type of cargo signal.

Post by xutongxin »

1706119498489.png
1706119498489.png (2.08 MiB) Viewed 273 times
It can be seen that there is a signal when the goods are loaded.
1706119452877.png
1706119452877.png (1.92 MiB) Viewed 273 times
I have thought about whether it does not have the signal when unloading, but I see that the fluid train has the signal.
1706119717374.png
1706119717374.png (2.24 MiB) Viewed 273 times
I 've also thought about whether it 's because I 'm using a modular train, but after testing it doesn 't matter
Please let me know if you need more information

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: When the train arrives at the unloading station and begins to unload, there is no corresponding type of cargo signal

Post by torne »

The LTN output is telling you what is supposed to be on the train, so that you can compare it to what is actually on the train ("Read train contents" on the train stop itself, as in vanilla). So, when unloading, the output will be nothing: the train is supposed to be empty, so you should remove everything that is currently on the train.

Edit: fluids behave a little differently because of complexities around circuit-controlling pumps and how rounding works for very small amounts of fluid. It's outputting -1 to ensure that the pump stays enabled until the fluid wagon is actually completely empty - the expectation is that you are subtracting the train's current contents from the LTN output signal and then unloading anything that is negative, so outputting -1 here forces the pump to stay on until the train leaves the stop.

xutongxin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: When the train arrives at the unloading station and begins to unload, there is no corresponding type of cargo signal

Post by xutongxin »

torne wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 10:05 pm
The LTN output is telling you what is supposed to be on the train, so that you can compare it to what is actually on the train ("Read train contents" on the train stop itself, as in vanilla). So, when unloading, the output will be nothing: the train is supposed to be empty, so you should remove everything that is currently on the train.

Edit: fluids behave a little differently because of complexities around circuit-controlling pumps and how rounding works for very small amounts of fluid. It's outputting -1 to ensure that the pump stays enabled until the fluid wagon is actually completely empty - the expectation is that you are subtracting the train's current contents from the LTN output signal and then unloading anything that is negative, so outputting -1 here forces the pump to stay on until the train leaves the stop.
I understand what you mean. Thank you for your answer to this feature.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”