feature request: per-station signals for inactivity/finish-loading.

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

ManicMiner
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

feature request: per-station signals for inactivity/finish-loading.

Post by ManicMiner »

There are global settings which determine if trains should finish unloading at the requester station, and I like this option for most stations.
However; for other stations (like the pollution filters for K2+SE), I want to have an inactivity timeout and only load the amount requested.
  • It appears implementable by adding new station signals which override global defaults.
I stared adding a "delivery chain length" signal which would hint the dispatcher to schedule stops at up to X requester stations, but wonder if there is a way to achieve this with LTN as it is.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: feature request: per-station signals for inactivity/finish-loading.

Post by Optera »

Enable "Schedule circuit conditions" and build whatever logic you want for keeping trains locked in a station or force them out.

ManicMiner
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ManicMiner »

Thank you -- this suggestion works, but ...
- I have 190 stations and did not want to re-wire them of all (just the ~15 pollution filter stations).
- The default setup was so nice, that I had previously removed all circuit connections to my train stops.
- The short circuit global requires a "send to train" circuit connection for each LTN station.

Instead, I implemented a per-station "use circuit conditions" control signal.
- This selectively enables short circuit scheduling (e.g. only for LTM stations with the control signal set).
- I didn't see a reason to enable it for depots, but that could be done as well.

If you think this is worth including, I would be happy to transfer ownership to you (in retrospect, the code changes were not complex).
new-signal.png
new-signal.png (116.81 KiB) Viewed 482 times

drekly
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by drekly »

I need this!

I'm running LTN on K2SE and have many large stations for mass-produced items... but then I have one station that provides 'stuff' - things I just need 1 or 2 of for orbit. The train gets full instantly, but because it is scheduled to pick up tons of different things but is full, it just sits there fro 120 seconds.

I need to set ONLY this one station to send trains away as soon as they're full, or are inactive
Last edited by drekly on Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Enabling circuit conditions globally has no effect on stations that don't make use of them.

The only requirement is for a single wire to connect to every station, can be just an isolated pole with a wire between it and station.
Otherwise trains will try to read from a not existing circuit network and wait forever.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”