Station names?

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Bandicoot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Station names?

Post by Bandicoot »

im sorry for the stupid question but, if i name 2 stations the same, and 1 train gets dispatched to pick up at that station, does that mean that the secon station with the same name thinks a train has been sent to it? meaning one station is just waiting and the other actually gets the train? or LTN is clever enough to distinquish that?

Im asking because im playing SE, and i noticed even tho i have plenty of needs for core fragments, some core fragment stations are not getting trains, while the others do, and there is more than enough trains to go get mats from all the stations, and the deposit stations for the core fragments could host 10 trains in total, i have 5 core fragments pickup stations for a total of 5 trains, so 5 could be sent of to the 5 different stations, but only 1 or 2 gets sent out. the core fragment stations are called all the same, as for the drop off stations ( core fragment pickup - core fragment deposit)

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Station names?

Post by Optera »

Depots use name based pathing like vanilla trains.
Provider/Requester use temporary stops on top of the actual stop to path by stop.unit_id.
There are some configurations where trains may not pick the stop under the temp stop after reaching it, e.g. disabling the stop or setting vanilla train limits.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”