Configure timeouts/wait idle times at individual stations?

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

RiverRob
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Configure timeouts/wait idle times at individual stations?

Post by RiverRob »

Hi,

Is there a way of doing this? Something that I can configure at the station that will override or turn off how long it takes for the station to timeout and send the train packing, or how long it has to sit idle before moving on or getting retasked from the depot?
The defaults work fine most of the time, but I've got a couple needs where I'd like trains to sit and wait, no matter how long, until empty (currently just using dedicated trains which is fine, but was hoping for something with LTN to keep it all in the system.
Also have a case where automatic requests are pushed to a station, train fulfills the request, but the bots flying the items to the destination storage take to long, so LTN triggers another schedule and send the train off for a second load. If I could extend that default idle time to 15-20 seconds to let the bots get the items in storage and counted, no second trip would be made.
I'm sure there are other uses, but hoping you all have some ideas about if this is possible out of the box.

Thanks

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Configure timeouts/wait idle times at individual stations?

Post by Optera »

RiverRob wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:01 am
Is there a way of doing this? Something that I can configure at the station that will override or turn off how long it takes for the station to timeout and send the train packing, or how long it has to sit idle before moving on or getting retasked from the depot?
The defaults work fine most of the time, but I've got a couple needs where I'd like trains to sit and wait, no matter how long, until empty (currently just using dedicated trains which is fine, but was hoping for something with LTN to keep it all in the system.
Enable Schedule circuit conditions and build your own time-out logic with circuit network.
RiverRob wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:01 am
Also have a case where automatic requests are pushed to a station, train fulfills the request, but the bots flying the items to the destination storage take to long, so LTN triggers another schedule and send the train off for a second load. If I could extend that default idle time to 15-20 seconds to let the bots get the items in storage and counted, no second trip would be made.
Factorio's Logistic Network doesn't report items in transit by bots.
There's several ways to work around that, all with some drawback:
  • set thresholds and levels accordingly
    - not always possible
  • instead of hooking up the network directly, only hook up the storage chests to LTN
    - unloading is only complete after bots deliver all items
  • only hook up a non logistics buffer chest to LTN
    - some items always have to remain in buffer
  • use rolling average for item counts
    - can still trigger LTN if thresholds are not set accordingly

Return to “Logistic Train Network”