Only one train beeing dispatched to a station

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

ZoeF
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Only one train beeing dispatched to a station

Post by ZoeF »

I have done something wrong obviously, but I don't know what. This happens to all my stations but I wil just explain one.

Some info:
I have multiple provider stations with abundant materials. Yet only one train gets dispatched to the requester station at a time.

Provider settings:
ID
Max Min wagons 4
Max trains 2
Provider stacks 120

Requester settings:
ID
Max Min wagons 4
Max trains 2
Requester stacks 120
Iron ore -12000

Any ideas?

Xynariz
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Only one train beeing dispatched to a station

Post by Xynariz »

What are your thresholds set to? On both ends - what are your provider station provider thresholds and your requester station requester thresholds?

You're requesting 1.5 trains worth of iron ore at your requester (I'm assuming "Max Min wagons 4" means cargo wagons specifically), so 4 wagons * 40 stacks * 50 ore = 8,000 iron ore per full train.

If your request threshold is 8,000 or if your provider threshold is 8,000, then what you're basically saying is "please only schedule me a train if you can schedule me a completely full train!" If that's the case, and your destination can only hold 1.5 trains worth, then that explains why you only get one train at a time. Once your train arrives, you'd have to use half a train's worth of ore before you can hold a full train's worth again.

Edit: A screenshot of your settings would be helpful, so that I know exactly what you mean. Because re-reading your post, I'm not sure if you mean the threshold is set to 120 stacks, or that you have 120 stacks available, or something else...?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Only one train beeing dispatched to a station

Post by Optera »

If I read that correct your example is an edge case that will only work if either your provider is loading count perfect, or your train can hold exactly 120 stacks.

Request: -12000 / 50 = -240 stacks
threshold: 120 stacks

One additional piece of ore will put the current delivery above the level where a 2nd one would trigger.

Note that in one cycle LTN will only ever send one train per requester to prevent the entire fleet rushing to one badly configured requester at once.
Xynariz wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:04 pm
(I'm assuming "Max Min wagons 4" means cargo wagons specifically)
Train size is ALL rolling stock, including locomotives.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”