LTN + Freight Forwarding = Trouble with ships.

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

LTN + Freight Forwarding = Trouble with ships.

Post by Bushdoctor »

Hello,

I'm currently using the mod Freight Forwarding, which includes several other mods, like Cargo Ships, and I'm trying to incorporate LTN in that setup.
Stations for ships are called Ports, and the problem that I'm running into is that LTN tries to send trains to those ship-ports, and vice versa.

My uneducated guess is that there might be two possible solutions for this. Either by making ship-ports only accept ships and stations only trains, or by making ships and trains work on separate LTN networks. Unfortunately I'm combinator-illiterate and haven't got a clue on how to achieve either of those options.

My combinator signals include 5 different icons/options for boats and ships.
- Encoded positions of ship engine
- Encoded positions of boat engine
- Encoded positions of cargo ship
- Encoded positions of tanker ship
- Encoded positions of boat
Can these signals be used to limit Ports to only send orders to, and only accept ships/boats?

Or, the other possible solution: Is there a way to separate ships and trains with their own LTN network?

Thank you.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: LTN + Freight Forwarding = Trouble with ships.

Post by Xorimuth »

Worth noting that this doesn't really have anything to do with Freight Forwarding, it is just a LTN + Cargo Ships compatibility issue, because FF doesn't modify Cargo Ships in any relevant ways (and makes no attempts to integrate LTN).
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

Cargo ships are trains. I know LTN supports Cargo ships specifically or there would be no ports with LTN combinators and LTN wouldn't send anything t
o/from ports.

If LTN creates schedules including both train stops and ports then you need to do is set a different network ID for train stations and ports. LTN will only send goods between stations that have a common bit set in the network ID.

Bushdoctor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Bushdoctor »

mrvn wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:15 pm
If LTN creates schedules including both train stops and ports then you need to do is set a different network ID for train stations and ports. LTN will only send goods between stations that have a common bit set in the network ID.
Great!
I found the LTN option for "encoded network ID" and looked up a description.
That's what I should be using here, right? I think I can make that work, with the binary thing going on.
Thank you!

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I recommend the ltn combinator mod

Return to “Logistic Train Network”