Bug? Constant Combinator OFF still triggers requests

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Bug? Constant Combinator OFF still triggers requests

Post by zOldBulldog »

I would swear that turning off the constant combinator used to stop requests/provider actions. But I noticed that recently it is no longer so (except perhaps when you first set it up and have not yet turned it on for the first time when it does seem to work).

Is this a bug? Or standard behavior that we need to work around?

Or perhaps has the use of regular constant combinators been deprecated in favor of the LTN combinator mod(s)? But if so... why not include that mod behavior into the core LTN mod itself?

Or am I missing something?

BTW, I am using the latest Minecraft version and did run the update for all of my mods including the LTN one.

BAND-AID solution: I've taken to cut/pasting the combinator to the same place so that the wires get cut while preserving the configuration. That seems to stop operation quite reliably.

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bug? Constant Combinator OFF still triggers requests

Post by robot256 »

If you have any other signals wired to the LTN stops, like the buffer chests, that is all it takes to turn it into a provider (positive items) or requester (negative items). It uses defaults for everything else.

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

robot256 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:04 pm
If you have any other signals wired to the LTN stops, like the buffer chests, that is all it takes to turn it into a provider (positive items) or requester (negative items). It uses defaults for everything else.
Thanks for confirming. So, the only way to disable an LTN station is indeed to cut the wire.

robot256
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by robot256 »

It's not the only way. You could have a second combinator that you turn on to make the price and request thresholds 1 billion each. Or pass the wire to the stop through a logic combinator that acts as a switch, and have another constant combinator that controls whether it passes signals or not. (Arithmetic "each * A -> each"; or Decider "if A > 0 then output each input count").

Return to “Logistic Train Network”