Feature Request: Configurable Default Network ID

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

ratuple
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Feature Request: Configurable Default Network ID

Post by ratuple »

Hello!

Problem:
the new network ID parameter is great but I have an issue with the default value which basically makes the feature unusable when a lot of stations already exist.
I have a huge map with about 300 train stations. All have the default network ID, which sets all bits.
I now want to introduce a new separate train network for one specific use-case to be able to dedicate specific trains to them.
However, to be able to do this, I would have to go through all 300 stops and set the network ID to 1 or something to be able to use a separate ID for my separate network.
This not only happens to maps being used when upgrading, but impacts all players wanting to use that feature the first time but already having stations.

Rant:
Additionally, I generally do not support the current default value as you basically always want to really separate networks and just specifying stations which are only used by specific depots is not really benefical because the trains in the depots will go to any default station too.
I can't think of anything really useful with that default configuration.
I am currently in the process of going though my huge map to make this feature usable and it's so boring ._.

Conclusion:
I feel like a configurable default value for the network ID would make it easier to use the new feature as the initial effort to re-configure the default network would be minimal.
The configuration parameter should be map-scoped.

Thanks for the great mod, appreciate your contribution to the community!

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Feature Request: Configurable Default Network ID

Post by Optera »

Setting different parameters is as simple as stamping an updated blueprint over the constant combinator generating the signals.

I see no reason to force everyone wanting LTNs standard behavior to use a combinator set to 4294967295 (any network).

LTN will always default to any network to reduce chances of accidentally locking some stations down with incompatible networks. This happened to myself during play testing this feature. Searching the source wasn't fun in a 200 stop map.

ratuple
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Feature Request: Configurable Default Network ID

Post by ratuple »

Well it wasn't that easy as i had all kind of different configuration in the same constant combinator so i couldn't overwrite it using a blueprint. I don't know why it took me so long to just add another constant combinator with a blueprint to the input. That did it. But thanks^^

Yeah thats true but that also wasn't my suggestion. My suggestion was to be able to configure that default value.

Yeah the default-default value definitely should always be the any-wildcard, you have a point there.

Have a nice day and thanks again for the great mod, wouldn't want to build a mega-base without it!

Return to “Logistic Train Network”