Separate request thresholds?

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

UFTimmy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Separate request thresholds?

Post by UFTimmy »

mrvn wrote:But you are missing on the great opportunity to get 9000 copper plates and 27000 iron plates in a single train.
For me, that's a feature, not a bug. My stations only provide one thing, except for some stations which also provide empty barrels when they are done.

UFTimmy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by UFTimmy »

Shia wrote:Sou still need this also for the provider in some way. Because if the threshold is 10k and you have 16k then you will get this 16k even the request says 36k (which was a part of the problem).

To still get multiple full train loads you simply can divide by T and then multiply by T. (Which was already suggested.) But this also would lead to partially loaded trains based on the provider.

The only solution would be to cycle. Looking at your 9 cargo setup (assuming 2 locomotives at each side) then one state would be min & max train length of 13.
Again, this needs to be done for the requester and the provider. Which would require cycle setups to not exclude each other by time (request and provider need te send the 13 setup at the same time).

Again, space shouldn't be a problem, so having different stations for different setups will be the easiest way.
All my stations have a min/max of 13 like you said, and the provider threshold is always set for one train load. So my purposes, this solves the issue.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

UFTimmy wrote:
Shia wrote:Sou still need this also for the provider in some way. Because if the threshold is 10k and you have 16k then you will get this 16k even the request says 36k (which was a part of the problem).

To still get multiple full train loads you simply can divide by T and then multiply by T. (Which was already suggested.) But this also would lead to partially loaded trains based on the provider.

The only solution would be to cycle. Looking at your 9 cargo setup (assuming 2 locomotives at each side) then one state would be min & max train length of 13.
Again, this needs to be done for the requester and the provider. Which would require cycle setups to not exclude each other by time (request and provider need te send the 13 setup at the same time).

Again, space shouldn't be a problem, so having different stations for different setups will be the easiest way.
All my stations have a min/max of 13 like you said, and the provider threshold is always set for one train load. So my purposes, this solves the issue.
You request and provide 9 cargo wagons full of barrels? That's one massive fluid surge.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”