Route construction taking into account empty slots

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

vovan_krasava
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Route construction taking into account empty slots

Post by vovan_krasava »

Hi all. I looked in the topic and could not find an answer to my question.

how to configure the network so that, having an example:
1.)
in the depot train with 1 wagon, in which only 10-15 slots are free. I understand that it is not true to transport excess freight on the train :)
How to take this into account for auto-building a route?
in my situation the train leaves for the station to provide more resources for loading than there are slots in the wagon.
(I see it this way:
during the parking of the train in the depot, it is necessary to transmit a signal about the contents of the entire train to the loader station. and there with the help of arithmetic combiners determine the amount of free space on the train.
but even if it does, I do not want to pull long wires between all the stations.)

2.)
Is it possible to build more complex routes?
based on again empty slots in the wagon.
example:
-> depot
-> pick. iron ore 20k from station 1
+ take copper ore 30k from station 2.
-> un-load: iron ore to station 1.1. and unload copper ore on station 1.2
P.S. I understand that I can use several trains :)
p.s. sorry for my english

vovan_krasava
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Route construction taking into account empty slots

Post by vovan_krasava »

decided its first problem, without loading everything from the supplier's containers. I attach a screen
it certainly will not allow me to travel with a semi-loaded train, but excludes the loading of unnecessary resources.
Attachments
20170925211651_1.jpg
20170925211651_1.jpg (888.02 KiB) Viewed 2401 times

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Trains in a depot have to be empty and no filters set.
Deliveries are only assigned fully automatic, if you want manual routes look into Smarter Trains.
For my own sanity deliveries will always have only 1 pickup and 1 drop off stop.

vovan_krasava
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vovan_krasava »

Optera wrote:Trains in a depot have to be empty and no filters set.
Deliveries are only assigned fully automatic, if you want manual routes look into Smarter Trains.
For my own sanity deliveries will always have only 1 pickup and 1 drop off stop.
Thanks for your reply, I will set up the network so the train in the depot will always be empty. Thanks for LTN (perfect mod), it made the game much convenient :)

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

vovan_krasava wrote: 2.)
example:
-> depot
This kind of complex route would require to take into account the layout of the tracks, maybe even congestion. Taking copper ore from station2 only makes sense if it is not too far out of the way between station 1 and station 1.1. I don't think this is feasable in the general case. Where would you even stop? Just 4 stations? 6 stations? Consider all stations?

Or how about loading iron ore at the mine, drive to the smelter, unload iron ore and load iron plate, drive to the iron gear wheel station, unload iron plates, load iron gear wheel and so on and on.

This quikcly becomes a NP complete optimizing problem which lua script can never solve in reasonable time.

vovan_krasava
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vovan_krasava »

mrvn wrote:
example:
-> depot
This kind of complex route would require to take into account the layout of the tracks, maybe even congestion. Taking copper ore from station2 only makes sense if it is not too far out of the way between station 1 and station 1.1. I don't think this is feasable in the general case. Where would you even stop? Just 4 stations? 6 stations? Consider all stations?

Or how about loading iron ore at the mine, drive to the smelter, unload iron ore and load iron plate, drive to the iron gear wheel station, unload iron plates, load iron gear wheel and so on and on.

This quikcly becomes a NP complete optimizing problem which lua script can never solve in reasonable time.
Sorry for long answer.
Having thought over the plan of the railway. I got rid of the idea of creating complex routes for the delivery of ore.
Now I'm thinking about the construction of complex routes, starting from the supply of plates, copper and steel, and to the production and transportation electric circuits to main production base. At your suggestion :) thanks.

Now I have set up a continuous supply (without stoppers, in the testing phase) of iron ore, copper ore, uranium and oil.
Now there are not enough electrical circuit, sometimes green sometimes red, etc. :)

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

vovan_krasava wrote:
mrvn wrote:
example:
-> depot

Sorry for long answer.
Having thought over the plan of the railway. I got rid of the idea of creating complex routes for the delivery of ore.
Now I'm thinking about the construction of complex routes, starting from the supply of plates, copper and steel, and to the production and transportation electric circuits to main production base. At your suggestion :) thanks.

Now I have set up a continuous supply (without stoppers, in the testing phase) of iron ore, copper ore, uranium and oil.
Now there are not enough electrical circuit, sometimes green sometimes red, etc. :)
I wonder if you could set up multiple trains with longer and longer routes to match the ratios of consumed and produced goods.

For example 3 trains copper ore plus 2 trains iron ore give 2 trains electronic circuits. So you have train A + B going copper mine, copper smelter, electronic circuits. Train C goes copper mine, copper smelter, electronic circuits, consumer of electronic circuits. Train D goes iron mine, iron smelter, electronic circuits and finally train E goes iron mine, iron smelter, electronic circuits, consumer of electronic circuits.

But that would have nothing to do with LTN.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”