[Mod 0.11.x] Foreman - Blueprint Manager

Topics and discussion about specific mods
JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.11.x] Foreman - Blueprint Manager

Post by JamesOFarrell »

Boogieman14 wrote:You've probably already seen this one, it pops up as soon as a saved game finishes loading (single player)
API variable name change in 0.11.2. New version has been uploaded. None of the blueprint issues have been fixed in 0.11.2 and the GUi stuff for multiplayer is sketchy. Everything else should work fine.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

New version is up. Multiplayer support was removed as trying to keep it working was making me very angry. DaveMcW has release a similar mod called Blueprint Strings (check it out!) and has started using a blueprint format that is gziped then converted to base64. While this works it can't be done in game at the moment so you can find his converter over here. This also attaches a Blueprint String header ("Blueprint string https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=6742").

Support for this format has been added with Dave's permission and help (thanks Dave!). I would still prefer a format that can be directly exported from Factorio but I will try and support all the different formats people come up with until then.

I've also taken a page out of Blueprint Strings books and pinched a copy of serpent.load. This should safely load blueprints without executing the code. I'm also using Lua Deflate and the ee5_base64 module to support the decoding of the Blueprint String format.

On top of all that the devs have fixed one of the bugs in the blueprint API (empty recipe) so this will now work with Foreman.

Zequez
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zequez »

This is fantastic! I'm totally gonna try it out this weekend! THANKS!

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Not quite sure this one has already been covered by any other issue, but

I'm going to guess one is a straight rail and the other is a gate (not quite sure if there's an easy way for me to tell)

*Edit* I suck for not updating first, but the problem also occurs with 0.0.4 :) (different line number though: 561)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

Does anyone know what could be causing this error?
..Data\Roaming\Factorio\mods\Foreman_0.0.4.zip|control.lua:140: First argument must be a number or a table.
Everytime I try to load or start a game I get this message.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

katyal wrote:Does anyone know what could be causing this error?
..Data\Roaming\Factorio\mods\Foreman_0.0.4.zip|control.lua:140: First argument must be a number or a table.
Everytime I try to load or start a game I get this message.
Do you have 0.11.2 or below?

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

katyal wrote:Does anyone know what could be causing this error?
L0771 wrote:Do you have 0.11.2 or below?
Line 140 is a event definition so there is not many reasons this could be happening, either you are using an older version, there is a mod conflict (unlikely but possible) or you game has become corrupted. Can you try with a new copy 0.11.3?? If it doesn't work please post your mod list and I'll see which one could be causing the issue

User_Name
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by User_Name »

It doesn't work in vanilla 11.3 for me

http://imgur.com/NehV8I5
Attach your blueprints to forum posts with Foreman or Blueprint string.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

User_Name wrote:It doesn't work in vanilla 11.3 for me
This is a language/translation issue. Which language do you use? I am sorry but I only have the files for English in there. If you unzip the mod there is a folder called locale, if you translate the en.cfg into your language I'll add it to the mod.

User_Name
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by User_Name »

Hmm...

Update:
Well. I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden it works.
Maybe revisiting game options resolved the issue, maybe unzipping the mod.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

User_Name wrote:Hmm...
I did wonder if you were using English as the rest of the GUI was in English. I should try and find a way to fail it back to English as the default instead of displaying "missing translation"

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

yeah turns out I had turrned off experimental updates. Now that I have updated to 11.3 the games launch without error but I'm now having the same problem as User_Name was having with the button captions and I play with locale set to english

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

katyal wrote:yeah turns out I had turrned off experimental updates. Now that I have updated to 11.3 the games launch without error but I'm now having the same problem as User_Name was having with the button captions and I play with locale set to english
Try resetting your language to English in the options menu and restarting factorio. If that doesn't work unzip the mod and put the folder in the mods folder instead. Let me know which step fixes it and I'll update the first post so it doesn't happen to anyone else.

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

Ok playing with locale did nothing for me but unzipping into mods folder fixed it. Don't forget to remove the zip file from the mods folder too.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

katyal wrote:Ok playing with locale did nothing for me but unzipping into mods folder fixed it. Don't forget to remove the zip file from the mods folder too.
Thanks, I'll update the first post now

User_Name
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by User_Name »

I tried to import this blueprint https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=8&t=7002 and got this error
http://imgur.com/q6mAZv1?tags

Blueprint string (other mod) got it right

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

User_Name wrote:I tried to import this blueprint https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=8&t=7002 and got this error
http://imgur.com/q6mAZv1?tags

Blueprint string (other mod) got it right
So I looked into this and it looks like the blueprint API wont allow you to set logistic conditions with a value of 0 even though it works in game. I tested this in Dave's mod (Blueprint String) and got the same result (so maybe you have an older version?). It is a bug that I can work around by changing the condition of the filters to be something else (probably 1) but then the blueprints wont be "correct" so I don't feel right doing this. I've reported the bug so hopefully it gets fixed in time for the 0.11.4 update . Thanks for the bug report, a few more of these and we should have found all the edge cases.

User_Name
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by User_Name »

Yep, I just checked and Dave's mod can't import the string it produces, resulting in the same error.

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

Would it be possible to have foreman load multiple blueprint strings from a text file? It would be nice to load all my blueprints into a new game with a single button press.

JamesOFarrell
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by JamesOFarrell »

katyal wrote:Would it be possible to have foreman load multiple blueprint strings from a text file? It would be nice to load all my blueprints into a new game with a single button press.
Sadly not. Factorio has no way of reading files.

Return to “Mods”