[0.14.21] Headless Server Desync

Desyncs in modded game will be ignored most of the time, until it is clearly proven that the desync is not caused by scripting.
ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.14.21] Headless Server Desync

Post by ChurchOrganist »

My multiplayer game running on a Virtual Box Ubuntu Headless Server Desynced at around 11pm tonight.

I'm attaching the log file, and I have copied the entire desync report in case you need it.

It is a 417MB upload though!

Running Mods
Double Reach
Foreman
Foreman - Auto Importer
Omnibarrels
Orbital Ion Cannon
Rail Tanker
Reinforced Walls

Let me know if you need the entire report.
Attachments
log.txt
(10.57 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.14.21] Headless Server Desync

Post by Loewchen »

There is not much use in reporting a desync while using mods in the first place, but there is no use at all when not uploading the report.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

The entire report would be useful to know if it was a mod that caused it or not.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ChurchOrganist »

Here is a link to the entire desyc report at my Google Drive.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7cZM0 ... sp=sharing

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

It looks like the desync is around a blueprint book being different between the server and you. It may have been one of the blueprint related mods you've got.

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ChurchOrganist »

Thanks.

I'll report it to the Foreman developer.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Rseding91 wrote:It looks like the desync is around a blueprint book being different between the server and you. It may have been one of the blueprint related mods you've got.
Which file are you looking in to make that conclusion please?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

DRY411S wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:It looks like the desync is around a blueprint book being different between the server and you. It may have been one of the blueprint related mods you've got.
Which file are you looking in to make that conclusion please?
The desync report. It contains the client and the server save file at the point it desynced tagged with human-readable tags.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

We have disabled all mods and restarted the server. Whenever I click on anything on my inventory or toolbelt, or try to deconstruct anyhting by 'axing' it, I cause a desync. Only me it seems.

I was using factorio on STEAM, so I unisntalled it, downloaded the standalone version and started with a complete vanilla version on my client, but still I cause a desync.

Is there any way we can recover from this without winding back a few days please?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

DRY411S wrote:We have disabled all mods and restarted the server. Whenever I click on anything on my inventory or toolbelt, or try to deconstruct anyhting by 'axing' it, I cause a desync. Only me it seems.

I was using factorio on STEAM, so I unisntalled it, downloaded the standalone version and started with a complete vanilla version on my client, but still I cause a desync.

Is there any way we can recover from this without winding back a few days please?
Can you upload the desync report(s)?

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Rseding91 wrote:
DRY411S wrote:We have disabled all mods and restarted the server. Whenever I click on anything on my inventory or toolbelt, or try to deconstruct anyhting by 'axing' it, I cause a desync. Only me it seems.

Can you upload the desync report(s)?
Trying to upload am getting a '413 Request Entity Too Large' error from your server. Here's a google drive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_b1va ... sp=sharing

We do though seem to have got rid of the problem.

Thinking that ONLY my character was causing desyncs EVERY time I tried to change my inventory, I asked one of the other players to kill me so I could respawn with empty 'pockets'.

After my respawn, the desync problem seems to have disappeared. Certainly I am able to modify my inventory, build, deconstruct, etc.

If you asked me to speculate what was wrong with my character, I would say it was because it was still carrying a (corrupt?) blueprint that had been imported using Foreman 1.1.5, which you flagged above as being the original cause of our issues.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

The desync is around the blueprint book but normally that kind of thing is fixed by reconnecting (it syncs the server and you). It's strange that it persisted through multiple desyncs/reconnects...

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Rseding91 wrote:The desync is around the blueprint book but normally that kind of thing is fixed by reconnecting (it syncs the server and you). It's strange that it persisted through multiple desyncs/reconnects...
What I am speculating is that server map had got 'bad' data about my character. This wasn't a problem when my character wasn't active, but as soon as I joined the others, we'd get the errors.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Do any of you have a blueprint book that's setup to have more than 255 inventory slots?

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Rseding91 wrote:Do any of you have a blueprint book that's setup to have more than 255 inventory slots?

Not sure how to assess that. But it's clear that my character was the cause of any desync problems. Perhaps you can derive an answer to your question by looking at my character?

Return to “Desyncs with mods”