Kovarex - Auto start, multi-batch, expand-able, beacon-ready, integrated fuel cells, full inserter stack size

Power Plants, Energy Storage and Reliable Energy Supply. All about efficient energy production. Turning parts of your factory off. Reliable and self-repairing energy.
kryojenik
Inserter
Inserter

Kovarex - Auto start, multi-batch, expand-able, beacon-ready, integrated fuel cells, full inserter stack size

Post by kryojenik »

Refined a prototype I setup and posted in another thread (viewtopic.php?f=208&t=84120).

It is now expandable by tiling. Bring in a feed of mixed output from your Uranium ore processing, a belt of Iron plate and it will produce Uranium Fuel Cells.

1. Used a constant combinator to define the size needed for the catalyst, and the multiple of cycles you want supplied at each centrifuge. Changing 'B' in the constant combinator (0-3) will automatically adjust the entire system. I will adjust down. If you adjust it up, each pod will keep all the extra until it reaches its new size, then pass the new U235 out.
2. I have the belt right after the inserter held until a full supply is picked up. Depending on spacing a rock could make it by if the inserter decided to swing with rocks too close.
3. Dynamically calculates and sets a max inserter stack size. No need to artificially limit an inserters stack size.
4. There are two chests to collect U238 during the initial catalyst gathering. One chest feeds back into the system, the other will require manual flipping of an inserter to reverse the flow when space is available.

Extended out to 6 centrifuges and beacons.

Return to “Energy Production”