17x2 Reactor 5.2GW with Powerthottle.

Power Plants, Energy Storage and Reliable Energy Supply. All about efficient energy production. Turning parts of your factory off. Reliable and self-repairing energy.
Kerihan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

17x2 Reactor 5.2GW with Powerthottle.

Post by Kerihan »

Inserts only one fuelcell per 200 seconds.
Throttle down on lower powerusage.
Landfill a big lake to avoid water-pipe-chaos, like in the southern part of that plant.
Massive heatpipe area to buffer energie-fluctuations

What do you say? xD
Full view
Zoomed In
Electric Network Info
Blueprint-Screenshot
Blueprint with direct waterconnection, that works for me
Blueprint with piped waterconnection
ATTENTION! This 2nd one has a little bug. Change heavy oil to steam in that decider combinators ;) I don't know why that happend, but i'm to lazy to fix it xD
Also it serves only 4.9 GW, because the pipes are to long and the heatexer dont get enough water....
Last edited by Kerihan on Sun May 21, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 17x2 Reactor 5.2GW with Powerthottle.

Post by iceman_1212 »

Interesting, how much energy is retained by your heat pipe setup?

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Aeternus »

Heatpipes (and exchangers) have a 500MW usable storage capacity (read: Storage of energy when the temperature is already at 500dgr). Reactors 5GW. But you won't be able to use all of it, since it's directly dependant on the temperature and anything over 1000dgr is wasted. I'd estimate about half of the energy capacity of the heat exchangers and heatpipes is usable.

Has this design been tested under full load?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Tbh amount of heat pipes is insane... I guess thats what the nerf meant to achieve. To multiply and create a heat pipe mesh to transfer heat for more efficient configurations.

Kerihan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kerihan »

Aeternus wrote:Heatpipes (and exchangers) have a 500MW usable storage capacity (read: Storage of energy when the temperature is already at 500dgr). Reactors 5GW. But you won't be able to use all of it, since it's directly dependant on the temperature and anything over 1000dgr is wasted. I'd estimate about half of the energy capacity of the heat exchangers and heatpipes is usable.

Has this design been tested under full load?
i have tested it with creative mod. there was no case where any heatpipe was warmer than max ca. 900 °C and the max output of electricity was 5.2GW with direkt water connection.... with long water pipes the power dropped to 4,9GW

in this moment i rebuild it in vanilla without mods.... contact me, if you want to visit one of my server, to see it in action :D

Kerihan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kerihan »

iceman_1212 wrote:Interesting, how much energy is retained by your heat pipe setup?
I dont know, but if no heatpipe reaches 1000°C, i think there is no loss of energy.
Enough, so that the system is not wasting any of the Uranium-Fuel-Cells
Last edited by Kerihan on Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lemlin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Lemlin »

Blueprint plz?

Kerihan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kerihan »

Blueprints added ;)

Tomnar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Tomnar »

orzelek wrote:Tbh amount of heat pipes is insane... I guess thats what the nerf meant to achieve. To multiply and create a heat pipe mesh to transfer heat for more efficient configurations.
Well it is possible to build large reactors without using too many heat pipes. My current design uses ~27 heat pipes per reactor (or 16 heatexhangers), so it is most definitly possible to use less heat pipes. Ok, the larges reactor I build using that design was 15x2, but the only thing preventing a larger build (up to ~20x2) is supplying enough water

Return to “Energy Production”