rate my defense outpost

Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
- Defense: killing biters as an art
- Castles, Throne Rooms, Decorations (comfortable living in the Factorio World)
- Main Bus Concepts
- Modular Systems, Factory Streets, show how all works together
- Megabases
Please provide us with blueprints or saves, if that makes sense of course.
Forum rules
Clever and beautiful constructions, bigger than two chunks
fderty
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

rate my defense outpost

Post by fderty »

is that the perfect defense outpost ? most likely :?
fort.jpg
fort.jpg (2.57 MiB) Viewed 3814 times
edit : here is the blueprint :?

TheRangerLOL
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: rate my defense outpost

Post by TheRangerLOL »

If you want to catch poke manz, yes.
The one and only.

azesmbog
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by azesmbog »

Everything is relative. For 2-3, a dozen biters - maybe good. For serious defense - the crowd will pass without noticing it will blow. It's like lace panties in 40 degrees of frost.
For the death world marathon, an attack of several tens of thousands of biters is common. My example of an outpost is more offensive than defensive for clearing areas.
Several waves of several thousand will withstand, especially if repaired on time :)
outpost.jpg
outpost.jpg (325.2 KiB) Viewed 3752 times
When 3-4-5 of such columns of cute animals come to visit you. Simultaneously from all sides. But it's fun :)
colonna.jpg
colonna.jpg (926.62 KiB) Viewed 3746 times

imcute
Inserter
Inserter

Post by imcute »

fderty wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:45 am
is that the perfect defense outpost ? most likely :?
fort.jpg
In mindustry,yes
in factorio,which noone is paying attention to wall health sum,that would work poorly

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

When a lot of aliens attack then they can't all fit through the teeths and start looking for other ways, ways THROUGH the walls. Meaning they will attack the walls until they can reach the turrets. Might take a couple of waves but the wall will fall.

Also late stage, with enough evolution, you get bigger aliens. They can't fit through those teeth at all and always attack the walls.

Last the outpost is circular so that indicates there will be aliens on all sides. Where will the logistic bots come from to bring more ammo without getting shot down on the way? Where do your inserters get power from? Missing a few solar panels and power poles (and an accumulator in case you need ammo at night)?

An alternative to the dragon teeth defense is using belts going away from the turrets. That slows down the aliens too and give the turrets more time to shoot them.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Is there a dragon teeth thing for evolution close to 1? I am not successfull with any concept I have managed to invent so far...
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I get the feeling the whole thing was supposed to be a joke. The first reply got it:
TheRangerLOL wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:06 am
If you want to catch poke manz, yes.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

aka13 wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:08 pm
Is there a dragon teeth thing for evolution close to 1? I am not successfull with any concept I have managed to invent so far...
Have you tried a stone every 2, 3, 4, 5, ... tiles? What exactly have you tried?

Bigger spacing lets bigger critters go through so they don't demolish the stones from the start. On the other hand it makes smaller critters just pass right through. Would be nice if laser turrets could target the biggest, baddest guy first. Then you could do dragon teeth close in to slow down the small critters and the bigger ones wouldn't get that far. Plus the later rows of lasers can take care of the little ones.

Return to “Medium/Big/Gigantic Sized Structures”