Self-Contained 0.17 1K SPM BaseThis post is heavily based on ultramn's Self-contained 1000 SPM base. However, there were a few tweaks I wanted to make.
- 0.17 Formulas: I started this design in an old 0.16 base, but decided to restart in 0.17 before the base was 100% finished
- Minimize bots: Use pipes rather than barrels for fluids, put related assemblers together
- Simple train network: Use consistently sized, one-headed trains with stackers
- Reduce base footprint: Integrate labs and silos into the factory, smelt steel offsite
- All sciences: Since military science is more relevant in 0.17, include military science
The end result is a self-contained, bot-based 1K SPM factory, including military. Iron plate, Copper plate, Steel plate, Coal, Stone, Brick, and Oil are delivered via trains. It is easy to adapt this base to have water delivered by train as well (add two water train stops to the bottom row of train stops), but I found it simpler to just locate the factory near a body of water. It's also fairly simple to do brick smelting on-site and deliver more stone instead, but part of my intent was to reduce the number of trains.
This is a completely vanilla map, with some tweaks to resources, and biters/pollution/cliffs disabled. The design of the base is intended to scale upwards so I wanted to avoid any UPS issues. At 1KSPM, I've never hovered from 60UPS on my laptop.
Factory tourThe complete map consists of a bootstrap main-bus base that produces ~200 SPM, a similar mall megabase for modules and other factory components, a large solar field, and the 1K SPM base.
The KPM base blueprint can be found here.