The original youtube video of it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF--1XdcOeM
An imgur album with some more details: https://imgur.com/a/Ewhsv
The Reddit thread has a lot of discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... _album_in/
Running the factoryBy popular demand, I've attached a couple of saves: one is the bare minimum for starting the factory, and one is after the factory has made a lap. After about 2.5 laps around the factory, all ores finally get saturated at the depot and the trains get a lot less busy.
Video with some details if you want to tinker: https://youtu.be/lkKPcOCBnco
Required mods (download them via the attached mod-pack):
- Recursive Blueprints 0.2.5
- Nifty's Logistic Train Network 0.9.1 (NOT the main Logistic Train Network mod; I made a few minor but critical changes, see the mod's page for specifics)
- (Base Mod 0.14.22)
- Sticky Notes 2.1.2
- Pushbutton 0.0.4
- Reset robot speed back to normal: /c game.player.force.worker_robots_speed_modifier=2.4; game.player.force.worker_robots_storage_bonus=3
- Speed up the game: /c game.speed=5
- Reveal the map to figure out where the scout is: /c game.forces.player.chart_all()
You want even more detail?Signal name documentation for people trying to reverse engineer this thing.
Instructions for moving it to a new map
- Mining stations are sometimes placed without enough medium power poles.
- Trains can run out of fuel.
- The factory will place lots of solar panels after every night if night is enabled
- Stone from rocks will eventually clog the scout
- Eventually train station names will be duplicates, causing issues with train scheduling.