Debug/show-transport-lines - does the blinking indicate possible loss of UPS?

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
dabalciunas
Inserter
Inserter

Debug/show-transport-lines - does the blinking indicate possible loss of UPS?

Post by dabalciunas »

My question is simple, but maybe only a Factorio programmer can answer it.

When activating the Debug->Show-Transport-Lines option, some of my belt setups show stable transport lines painted blue or white, while other, specially the ones with splitters throwing stuff directly on a belt, even if compressed, make the transport lines on this belt blink a lot.

I suppose the blinking of the transport lines happens because the IDs of the transport lines changing almost every frame. If I'm wrong, please fix my understanding of that blinking.

The question is simple:

Does e.g. a belt design with lots of "debug transport line blinking" performs slower (in regards of UPS) in comparison to another design with same components, but almost no blinking?

This information is quite important to me, because my intention is to clone the design thousands of times in my megabase.

I wanted to make a GIF image out of this, but due to the super fast blinking, I did just the following screenshot. The blinking seems to be happening from frame to frame in some specific belt designs involving splitters.
Attachments
ShowTransportLines.jpg
ShowTransportLines.jpg (363.63 KiB) Viewed 1299 times

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”