Space Optimized Green Circuit Design

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
patrick12222010
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Space Optimized Green Circuit Design

Post by patrick12222010 »

Stealing this...

zOldBulldog
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by zOldBulldog »

Very nice Tekillaa. This looks perfect for a compact infinitely scalable train outpost with those 4 saturated blue belts of green circuits. That 20 tile width (excluding one row of beacons from the count for tiling) should allow to fit 2 LTN managed train stops on the left (iron/copper) and 1 green circuit train stop on the right. Then rinse and repeat.

No point reinventing the wheel, I think I found my permanent design.
Tekillaa wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:42 pm
Serenity wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:06 pm
I updated my original post with proper inserter order :)

I don't think double up on the copper wire inserters is necessary. Seems to work fine with just the stack inserter

The double design seems to have some issues when the chest buffers aren't filled a bit, which happens in creative mode at start up when you consume everything right away. And every now and then can still still be a tiny gap when the buffer empties. But for me that's tolerable. In practice it should back up now and then to allow the buffers to fill.
EDIT: Here the double wire inserters actually help by moving just that much more wires and thus lessening the load on the box inserters :D
Some clever guys up topic gimme an idea : compressed 4 belt provider, i made some upgrade to your bp

Edit : -some belt side balancing for each input lines
- you can put 1 efficiency module on the last beacon and in the middle one, it give around 1mw economy for the same result (for 4 lines 125 to 124)

I'm pretty sure it can be more compressed, but i give the raw idea to share

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

green-circuts-4-belts.jpg
green-circuts-4-belts.jpg (453.72 KiB) Viewed 4720 times

foamy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foamy »

Guess I may as well throw my crack at this on the pile, though I admit it isn't as compact as some of all of yours.

It's nice and simple, though. No belt-weaving, no chest-chaining, and exactly one sideload lane balance at the end. Runs primarily on fast inserters. Reversible output direction, too; just need to flip the direction of the output belts.

(ignore the random yellow belt with stone on -- that's just factory spaghetti and not part of the design :v)

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”