Why a 7→15 balancer is trivial to build

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
golfmiketango
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Why a 7→15 balancer is trivial to build

Post by golfmiketango »

For my soon-to-be published steel megasmelter design, I needed an absolutely count-perfect 7→15 balancer. Think that's hogwash? So did I, at first. But after many experiments with half-measures, and thinking over the numbers more carefully, I came to accept that, yes, without question, I absolutely required a count-perfect 7→15 balancer or my smelter design would simply never work properly.

My early attempts at 7->15 balancing were absolutely hilarious UPS-gobbling disasters. I believe my first "successful" implementation took a 7→8 balancer from the wiki, whacked each output into one full splitter of a standard 16→16 balancer, and then, from there, tacked on a custom-built 16→15 balancer.

Reading the numbers in the above paragraph, you may have already realized why any design like my prototype was so incredibly dumb. There is a far, far easier means to build this contraption. I'll put the solution in a spoiler in case you haven't thought of it, yet, but want to take a moment to try and puzzle it out on your own:
solution
Last edited by golfmiketango on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Why a 7->15 balancer is trivial to build

Post by BenSeidel »

Nice.

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”