Things I've Learned (AKA Stupid Belt Tricks!)

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
SekiSelu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Things I've Learned (AKA Stupid Belt Tricks!)

Post by SekiSelu »

Howdy folks, ran into this game last week, and may have forgotten to eat or sleep for a few days...

*Cough* Anyway, here're a couple amusing things I ran into, feel free to add your own!

1) The Belt Scraper
Ever wanted to split the two halves of a belt, but a filtering Smart Arm isn't fast enough? Try a belt scraper!
Half-Belt-Hero
The open side of the belt can put goods into the entryway, but the covered side can't. This is great for combined input-output belts, since you can block the excess input, as shown!

2) Item Interleaver
Ever wanted to guarantee a 1:1 item ratio on a single side of a belt? Grab a dozen wires, some chests, and a rock, and now you can!
Jam-proof Interleaver
I'm sure there's a better way to do this only involving chests, but my brain breaks whenever I try to work through all the potential jam situations. This skips the headache, and is sufficiently fast to supply 6 non-speedy Sci3 assemblers. This design is immune to shortages of either input, and oversupplies on the output lane. If you have a better design that accomplishes the same, please share it :D

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Things I've Learned (AKA Stupid Belt Tricks!)

Post by Neotix »

1 - It's in Wiki :D There is even solution to split both sides of one belt.
2 - Yes, it can be done in many ways.

Sometimes I use a counter to set the items on the belt in a specific quantity and order.

Counter is made of Logistic chests, Logistic inserter, Normal Inserters and one piece of wood. Piece of wood travel from chest to chest and that chest are connected to Logistic inserters. That inserters put items on belt from providing belts. To prevent overflow belts and always have right order, I'm connecting Logistic inserter in counter to output chest in factory.

SekiSelu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SekiSelu »

Well don't I feel silly. I can usually navigate Wikis and find what I'm looking for, but I get a bit lost on this one... Found it now! :oops: Thanks!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Well... we are all amateurs. :) it's complicated if you write articles and a month later it's obsolete....
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

just_dont
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by just_dont »

We had a topic on the interleaving matter some days ago.

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”