Testbench for 3/4way intersections

Smart setups of railway stations, intelligent routing, solutions to complex train-routing problems.
Please provide - only if it makes sense of course - a blueprint of your creation.
hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Testbench for 3/4way intersections

Post by hansjoachim »

hooray wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:11 pm
Will the train U-turn be included in the test?
U turns are not included in the test, but you can test them if you switch to manual and run set 4

hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansjoachim »

v6. Major change. New GUI to control the bench. New mod
The reset button deletes trains and during testing the bench deletes trains between sets making the testbench much quicker.
Sliders to adjust settings.
A new feature to automatically run multiple tests and results are displayed in the console.
Mod is WIP

hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansjoachim »

Ideally, now this is the last savefile on this forum. I might update it with the latest version of the mod, but no major changes are coming to the savefiles. There is a scenario in the mod, but atm it's not working quite correctly. You have to use the command /editor to get editor mode.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Testbenchcontrols

hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansjoachim »

Completed the new testbench.
Now it can do 3 ways and its all in a scenario. No need to download save files anymore. Also it can't interfere with other mods as everything is inside the scenario. You don't need to use any other mods, but if you want you can.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Testbenchcontrols

Yodo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Yodo »

How do you deal with intersections that have different spacings between the rails? When I use the Testbench I add curved sections of rails as necessary, with signals placed so that each colored block can fit two full wagon lengths, but think this might influence the measurements.

hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansjoachim »

Yodo wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:32 pm
How do you deal with intersections that have different spacings between the rails? When I use the Testbench I add curved sections of rails as necessary, with signals placed so that each colored block can fit two full wagon lengths, but think this might influence the measurements.
If it's far enough behind it doesn't influence it. On high throughput intersections, I have to be more precise.
like this:
Attachments
2 vs 3 spacing.png
2 vs 3 spacing.png (216.95 KiB) Viewed 613 times

TBTerra2
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TBTerra2 »

i have an issue. i save and exited while the tester was still running, now the save errors on load (or a fraction of a second after it at least)

is there anything i can do? some recent designs are on that save and not backed up as bp strings

EDIT: managed to fix it with a "pause multiplayer if less than x players" mod (set to 2 players then just solo game), but it would probably be good to have the game not softlock if saved while a test is running
Attachments
errr1.png
errr1.png (39.07 KiB) Viewed 152 times

hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansjoachim »

Yeah, when you load up a save it resets some values which probably caused it. I can change that:)
Also if you manage to hit the stop button as soon as it loads that should fix it.

hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansjoachim »

TBTerra2 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:07 pm
i have an issue. i save and exited while the tester was still running, now the save errors on load (or a fraction of a second after it at least)

is there anything i can do? some recent designs are on that save and not backed up as bp strings

EDIT: managed to fix it with a "pause multiplayer if less than x players" mod (set to 2 players then just solo game), but it would probably be good to have the game not softlock if saved while a test is running
Fixed it, but it only works for new scenarios. So, if you work in a savefile you wont get the updates directly into your scenario. Then you probably have to replace the control.lua in the savefile

Return to “Railway Setups”