One to many smart train loading system

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
MassiveDynamic
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

One to many smart train loading system

Post by MassiveDynamic »

I have been playing with the idea that one central loading station can be serviced by several outposts with the same name. However, without using circuits the trains always either service the closest station or multiple trains deploy to the same station instead of routing to a different available station.

I believe that I have devised a signaling system that solves this problem.

Here is the smart loading station. The RYG lights indicate the fluid level available. The station is turned on when the tank is full and the green light goes on. The Green 1 signal is sent along with a virtual numeric 1 signal to indicate which station is open.
Smart Loading Station.png
Smart Loading Station.png (2.8 MiB) Viewed 1399 times

Here is the Holding Station which is inline AFTER the unloading station. Trains wait here for a GO signal which is taken from the combinators which read 1) a train is available to be sent 2) a station is open 3) a timer that checks how long since a train was last sent. This system mitigates the tendency to send multiple trains to the same station.
Smart Holding Station.png
Smart Holding Station.png (2.92 MiB) Viewed 1399 times

Here is a video explaining how it all works...

https://youtu.be/i2aK2UPgq3o

Return to “Combinator Creations”