Will O' The Wisps Mod Blueprints

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
RocketManChronicles
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Will O' The Wisps Mod Blueprints

Post by RocketManChronicles »

As I have been in transition of taking over the Will O' The Wisps mod (still learning Lua), I noticed there was a lack of some detail pertaining to the mod's tools and items presented. A little circuit network knowledge here goes a long way, especially when it comes to energy savings (if you care) in operating the UV Lamps provided to fend off the Wisps.

I present a few examples I use in my bases and outposts to help detect and fend off the wisps, turning the UV lamps on/off to prevent substantial energy use. A lot of UV lamps add up!

Here is the most basic setup I can provide. It is simply a given radius input from the Constant Combinator and the lamp turns on/off if any wisp is present in such radius. The radius input is the 'R' signal and the value is the number of tiles of the radius to detect from the location of the detector.

Here is a setup to use to help "see" what the detector is finding within the radius. I have lights included to 'use colors' to show which color Wisps are detected.

And finally, while also using the Nixie Tubes mod, this is what I use all over my current modded game. This gives you the number of wisps detected by the detector, which in some cases can show you how dire the situation might be.

Return to “Combinator Creations”