smart factory feeder

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
RubyRhod
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

smart factory feeder

Post by RubyRhod »

I wanted to smartly feed factories with recipes with more than 2 items using only one belt. No need for the geeks to read further: I'm not a student or software developer or something like that. I am a simple man and just like factorio.

I found this viewtopic.php?f=193&t=39869 but couldn't quite understand it and I hate just rebuilding other peoples creations without understanding them.
Also I found this viewtopic.php?f=193&t=28414 but without more details I wouldn't know if I really needed a circulating belt which I don't want to have. How to put in a counter?

So here is what I came up with (at first I used a requester chest instead of smart inserters to request the Items I need, but I don't like all the rebotos flying around, so I switched to the inserters). I'm pretty sure the design can be build more compactly and maybe properly, because I set the recipe with double amount (otherwise the whole creation may stop when the inserters grab the exact right amount).

just a screenshot:

combinators roughly explained:

Sorry for not posting a blueprint string; I don't have the mod installed.
Last edited by daniel34 on Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed image urls

huliosh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: smart factory feeder

Post by huliosh »

Hi, i can't see your images.
Btw, this one has less details and combinators.
viewtopic.php?f=193&t=40059
I just tried to be more informative in previous post. You could help me to make it simpler to understand.

Guu
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: smart factory feeder

Post by Guu »

I did it a little differently viewtopic.php?f=193&t=37506

Return to “Combinator Creations”