Backup protection using combinator and belt sensor.

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
guitarmanmike
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Backup protection using combinator and belt sensor.

Post by guitarmanmike »

I built this backup protector and figured I'd post it here real quick I don't have much time to do the Blueprint and proper image sharing so ill come back and do that after the long weekend.

Explanation:

1)The empty belt is the protected area this area should never be able to have an item backup.
2)The double wide area is an output buffer which has to be at least equal or longer (I would go at least +2) than the protected area length otherwise you will not get full throughput.
3) The end butterfly thing is just used to protect against an asymmetric consumer and prevents one lane from backing up. (Not needed if you are only using one lane of the belt)
4) I plan on later adding XKnights belt sorter into the protected area to make full throughput backup protected sorter with no inserters.
5) The inserters on the bottom are just my loading and consumption tester as you can see I was testing an asymmetric consumer and it worked great.
That's all for now.
Attachments
Backup Protected belt
Backup Protected belt
backup.jpg (321.67 KiB) Viewed 1624 times

Return to “Combinator Creations”