*[0.13.1] Impossible to interrupt desync loop and close game

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
IsoSchiz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

*[0.13.1] Impossible to interrupt desync loop and close game

Post by IsoSchiz »

When connecting to my multiplayer server, I immediately get desynced, and thus get stuck into a permanent desync/download loop.

However, that isn't the problem I want to report here. The problem is that, once in that state, *I can't escape*! There is no way to bring up the menu (with Esc) while downloading the map or making a desync report, so I am trapped forever in this cycle. I have to force quit Factorio to get out of this.

Please consider always making it possible to open the menu and "Quit Game", even during download and other such actions.

Thanks!

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.13.1] Impossible to interrupt desync loop and close game

Post by Loewchen »

I can confirm that it is not possible to interrupt a desync loop despite killing the process or in rare cases via "close window " command in the context menu of the application in the task-bar.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: *[0.13.1] Impossible to interrupt desync loop and close game

Post by kovarex »

This is fixed for 0.14 as well.
Not only you can exit the game in any phase of connecting donwload etc, but the client is limited to 3 desyncs. After that he will not reconnect anymore.

sskaia
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sskaia »

Still this desync loop happening, when im on the server of my friend. We have a relativ Big map with many things, production like crazy...

How to fix that ? Impossible to continue playing at the moment

best regards and fan of factorio sskaia ;)

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

sskaia wrote:Still this desync loop happening, when im on the server of my friend. We have a relativ Big map with many things, production like crazy...

How to fix that ? Impossible to continue playing at the moment

best regards and fan of factorio sskaia ;)
Don't hijack threads, this issue is fixed.

sskaia
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sskaia »

This issue is fixed?

So my dear friend tell me, how it has been fixed? How we can solve this problem on our server?

Because this issue happens since yesterday and today, after several server restarts sometimes u can play 5 minutes and then u just join the happy loop desync - loading map again till infinite u cannot keep play its always loading loop

Best regards sskaia

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

Create a new topic with the required information to fix the issue and the devs will try to fix it

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

sskaia wrote:This issue is fixed?

So my dear friend tell me, how it has been fixed? How we can solve this problem on our server?

Because this issue happens since yesterday and today, after several server restarts sometimes u can play 5 minutes and then u just join the happy loop desync - loading map again till infinite u cannot keep play its always loading loop

Best regards sskaia
The report was about the issue that, when you where in a desync loop it was impossible to ever get out of it but to terminate the process externally. It has been fixed by changing the behaviour of the application so that it will no longer try to reconnect after 3 desyncs. If you still have this issue than you are not using the latest version of the game.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”