What are these mods?This is a loose collection of mods. Each tends to focus on a specific resource. Currently they're all focused around elemental resources, though I may branch out in the future. Together they make something of a mod pack, but picking and choosing is supported and encouraged.
- Graphite & Diamonds - Adds graphite, diamonds, graphene, and optionally, fullerenes, nanotubes, and carbon-black. More complex.
- Lead - Adds lead ore & lead plates. Smelting lead ore also yields a small amount of copper ore. Good death world mod.
- Silica & Silicon - Adds silica, silicon, optical fiber, and other optional intermediates. Part of stone production chain.
- Titanium - Adds titanium ore, titanium plates. A good first mod to try out.
- Tungsten - Adds Wolframite, tungsten plates, tungsten carbide, rocket engine nozzles.
- Zirconium - Adds zircon, zirconia, zirconium plates, and cermet (optional).
- Foundry - A foundry building, for founding and other hot stuff like coking, etc.
- BZ Mods DSR Bridge - A bridge mod for Deadlock Stacked Recipes and other cross-cutting mods that need to load after BZ mods.
- Very BZ - A modpack containing all other BZ mods, once they are relatively stable.
Philosophy and focus
Roughly in order of importance:
- Vanilla support.
The goal with every mod is to support vanilla Factorio. This means one or more important vanilla recipes will use the resource in question and each resource will be included in vanilla science packs in some way.
- Expand breadth.
These mods attempt to expand the breadth of the game through new resources and production chains. Generally the length is not explicitly expanded much, though a broader game does take longer to finish....
I try to make sure each mod on its own is a simple modification of the game, so players can customize how complex and different their playthroughs are. Different mods are different levels of complexity. Using all the mods together will get increasingly complex.
- Broad compatibility.
I want these mods to be very plug-and-play, as such, I try to add compatibility for numerous mods of varying sizes. Common ones include Aircraft, Deadlock Stacking, Deadlock Crating, Simple Compress, Omnimatter, Bio Industries, etc.
- Krastorio 2 & Space Exploration support.
K2 and SE have become a requirement for each of these mods as well, things like ore enrichment, matter, science, delivery cannons, etc will be directly integrated.
- Other "big mod" compatibility.
I try to support mod packs like FE+, 5Dims, ModMash, etc. If your favorite mod pack is not supported, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
These mods will vary in their support for Pyanodons, Bob's & Angel's. While compatibility with these mods will be added where able, those modpacks are each very complex and broad, and integrating well into them takes more effort. Mods that rely on them, like Nullius, Sea Block, and MadClown's will also be difficult to support.
Thanks, everyone. Community engagement is very important to these mods. They would not be what they are without input from the wonderful Factorio community. I take every suggestion seriously, and try to incorporate them if readily able, sometimes as an optional mod setting. Even if I don't incorporate it immediately, you might see it later or in a different form.
Thanks to those who have contributed via graphics, code, or localization. Credits are in each individual mod.
And of course, thanks to folks who make BZ Mods compatible with others.