[MOD 1.1] N.Tech-Chemistry

Topics and discussion about specific mods
orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.X] N.Tech-Chemistry

Post by orzelek »

I have some questions:
1. Is it by design that I still have standard water + sulfur oxide recipe so trisulfuric acid can be skipped (this might be some mod interaction but recipe shows only as affected by base and N-Tech)?
2. Would you consider getting some improvement to oxygen manufacturing - it seems that a lot of it is needed so it becomes most dominant need(and also creates lots of nitrogen that needs to be cooled and stored).

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

orzelek wrote:I have some questions:
1. Is it by design that I still have standard water + sulfur oxide recipe so trisulfuric acid can be skipped (this might be some mod interaction but recipe shows only as affected by base and N-Tech)?
2. Would you consider getting some improvement to oxygen manufacturing - it seems that a lot of it is needed so it becomes most dominant need(and also creates lots of nitrogen that needs to be cooled and stored).
I'll look for your proposals and reports the next time ;)

IchoTolot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IchoTolot »

I think it would be much better to change the fuel-block recipe to use 1 liquid-hydrogen - the way it is now, it can be abused very easily as you can create litrally infinite amounts of fuel blocks using only water - and that in quite a fast pace I might add.

Plus points for creating a real use for liquid nitrogen, besides the increase of storage capacity ;)

Evilness
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Evilness »

IchoTolot wrote:I think it would be much better to change the fuel-block recipe to use 1 liquid-hydrogen - the way it is now, it can be abused very easily as you can create litrally infinite amounts of fuel blocks using only water - and that in quite a fast pace I might add.

Plus points for creating a real use for liquid nitrogen, besides the increase of storage capacity ;)
I agree. The recepe is completely ridiculus. You need 3 seconds with a machine that uses 210kW to make a solid fules that has 25MJ. Making 20 hydrogen is almost free so that means you use approx 0.75MJ to make 25MJ. The recepe should have negative balance since its more recycling waste hydrogen, something like using using ~22MJ just to make the solid fuel. Together with the efficency of the power plant that should yeald a negative balance. :)

Gotbread
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gotbread »

I think i found a small problem. currently the recipe for sulfur trioxide uses 20 sulfur dioxide and 10 dioxygen. this should produce 20 sulfur trioxide, however, it only creates 2. This creates an imbalance since you need ten times as much raw materials. Currently using mod version 1.3.3 in game version 0.11.22.

IchoTolot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IchoTolot »

Gotbread wrote:I think i found a small problem. currently the recipe for sulfur trioxide uses 20 sulfur dioxide and 10 dioxygen. this should produce 20 sulfur trioxide, however, it only creates 2. This creates an imbalance since you need ten times as much raw materials. Currently using mod version 1.3.3 in game version 0.11.22.
That's actually intentional as far as I know:
sulfur dioxide and dioxygen are gases and take up ten times as much space as sulfur trioxide which is a fluid - so the numbers represent the amount of volume needed, not the actual amount of particals ;)

Wyrm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wyrm »

Would you be angry if I told you I reenabled naphtha (based on a hand-hacked configuration option)? :)

Cooolaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooolaid »

Here is a suggestion., Update your mods to v12.*
LOL :D

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.+] N.Tech-Chemistry

Post by Natha »

Version 1.5 now released!
The mod is now 0.12-compatible and works well with existing savegames.

Summary of changes:
  • Added a new production chain (rocket fuel) with new chemical fluids and gases
  • Added some basic gases like carbon dioxide and ammonia
  • New researches
  • New flame thrower recipe (v1.4.0)

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Is it possible that the mod file that got uploaded is missing a file?

I can see "require "util"" in control.lua but no such file seems to exist in the zip file. Also, I think this is what causes some of the recipes to be missing in-game though I'm not fully sure as I'm using a ton of mods.

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

hoho wrote:Is it possible that the mod file that got uploaded is missing a file?

I can see "require "util"" in control.lua but no such file seems to exist in the zip file. Also, I think this is what causes some of the recipes to be missing in-game though I'm not fully sure as I'm using a ton of mods.
The util.lua isn't a file of the mod but a file of the game. You find it in Factorio/data/core/lualibs.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Natha wrote:The util.lua isn't a file of the mod but a file of the game. You find it in Factorio/data/core/lualibs.
Oh, OK. I still wonder why doesn't light oil->petroleum gas cracking show up without using console commands to force it. According to in-game info, only bobs and this mod changes the recipe/research :\

Szymcypt
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Szymcypt »

hoho wrote:
Natha wrote:The util.lua isn't a file of the mod but a file of the game. You find it in Factorio/data/core/lualibs.
Oh, OK. I still wonder why doesn't light oil->petroleum gas cracking show up without using console commands to force it. According to in-game info, only bobs and this mod changes the recipe/research :\
I've got same problem with no light oil -> petroleum gas recipe. Could you give me the command to force it up, please?

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Szymcypt wrote:
hoho wrote:
I've got same thing with no light oil -> petroleum gas recipe. Could you give me the command to force it up, please?
I'm not quite certain what it was exactly but I think it was one (or both) of these:

Code: Select all

/c game.local_player.force.recipes["light-oil-cracking"].enabled=true
/c game.local_player.force.reset_recipes()
Last edited by Koub on Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed code tags

Szymcypt
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Szymcypt »

Yeah, the first one is working. Thx a lot ;)

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

Szymcypt wrote:I've got same problem with no light oil -> petroleum gas recipe. Could you give me the command to force it up, please?
Are you sure that you researched the technology that enables that recipe? Because my mod only changes a ingredient of the recipe.

Black Mamba 666
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Black Mamba 666 »

sry for my bad english, but i have a very big Problem and i hope you can help me.
Everywhere on my Map i become Seawater but i need Water to make Carbon.
I understand i become water from the Pump but to craft this i need Carbon. What can/must i do?

Szymcypt
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Szymcypt »

Natha wrote:
Szymcypt wrote:I've got same problem with no light oil -> petroleum gas recipe. Could you give me the command to force it up, please?
Are you sure that you researched the technology that enables that recipe? Because my mod only changes a ingredient of the recipe.
Yes. In vanilla game, Advanced oil processing enables light oil -> petroleum gas and heavy oil -> light oil. After installing mod the light oil -> LPG recipe disappears but heavy oil -> light oil recipe is still there. I've checked all technologies and nothing.
This command

Code: Select all

/c game.local_player.force.recipes["light-oil-cracking"].enabled=true
restored missing recipe. Of course there is no such thing like minecraft NEI so there is possible that I didn't spot that recipe during checking all technologies
Sry for my english btw

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

Black Mamba 666 wrote:sry for my bad english, but i have a very big Problem and i hope you can help me.
Everywhere on my Map i become Seawater but i need Water to make Carbon.
I understand i become water from the Pump but to craft this i need Carbon. What can/must i do?
You have to purify the seawater in a chemical plant.

Chess
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Chess »

Hi, I'm using this mod and I noticed that my steam engines are running at half efficiency (255kw of the maximum 510kw) when i used seawater. I filled a tank with purified water and the engines were running at maximum.

I wonder if this behavior is intentional or if it is an error. If it is something intentional might be a good idea to mention it in the first post, cause it took me a while to figure out why i had so little energy.

Very cool mod by the way.

Return to “Mods”