[MOD 1.1] N.Tech-Chemistry

Topics and discussion about specific mods
legowarrior1414
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.11.X] N.Tech-Chemistry

Post by legowarrior1414 »

This is an interesting mod But when I try to instal It I get an error message saying
"Error in assignID, 'oxygen-from-atmosphere' was not recognized id of recipe"
This is with Only this mod on Factorio 0.11.21

matpmag
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by matpmag »

Natha wrote:First version with new content!

Added gas cooler, liquid heater, nitrogen, liquefied gases (oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen).
Amounts of gases in recipes which need/produce gas increased (*10).
Looking forward to checking this out! :)

Tristitan
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tristitan »

quick question, you have replaced gas with naptha, but i was wondering how do i get platic?, you need plastic to research conversion to petroleum gas, which you need to make red circuits for, which requires plastic

thanks in advance and sorry if its a stupid question, i have looked around but havent found a answer

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

legowarrior1414 wrote:This is an interesting mod But when I try to instal It I get an error message saying
"Error in assignID, 'oxygen-from-atmosphere' was not recognized id of recipe"
This is with Only this mod on Factorio 0.11.21
Oh sorry, fixed it in next update ;)
Tristitan wrote:quick question, you have replaced gas with naptha, but i was wondering how do i get platic?, you need plastic to research conversion to petroleum gas, which you need to make red circuits for, which requires plastic

thanks in advance and sorry if its a stupid question, i have looked around but havent found a answer
The oil processing produces naphtha. Naphtha can be cracked into petroleum. This is the once changed in the oil production chain. At the end you have petroleum like before (but now 1 more step to produce it). The plastic research doesnt unlock any other tech, maybe you have a mod that changes it?

Edit: Oh i know what you mean: The science Packs.
I've removed Naphtha in next update (because no usage), so the problem no longer exists :D

legowarrior1414
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by legowarrior1414 »

Natha wrote: ~snip~
I've removed Naphtha in next update (because no usage), so the problem no longer exists :D
I wouldn't remove it altogether. I think a neat idea would be that when you research basic oil processing it gives the ability to crack the oil products (Heavy->light->Naphtha->Petrol). But you only get a small amount, something like 4-2 or 5-2(Heavy->light), and it requires quite a bit of water/Hydrogen. Then Advanced oil processing gives a better ratio, something in the range of what is in game or a bit better and that only uses Hydrogen.

Another way would be to only have Naphtha in Adv Oil and when cracked it gives a better yield of Petrol gas than basic oil.

That's just my thoughts on The naphtha chain.

Can't wait till I can give this mod a try. It gives a nicer way to get sulfur than than base game, no more unneeded eating through my iron just to get batteries. :mrgreen:

IchoTolot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IchoTolot »

Love your work on the chemistry Natha, keep it up!

Problem is - as I tried the new version today, everythings seemed to work fine, but I cant find the liquid cooler/heater.
Either I'm blind atm, or these machines don't show up for me.
I'm also using Dytech/Treefrarm btw, but I don't think there is a conflicting problem at work.

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

legowarrior1414 wrote:
Natha wrote: ~snip~
I wouldn't remove it altogether. I think a neat idea would be that when you research basic oil processing it gives the ability to crack the oil products (Heavy->light->Naphtha->Petrol). But you only get a small amount, something like 4-2 or 5-2(Heavy->light), and it requires quite a bit of water/Hydrogen. Then Advanced oil processing gives a better ratio, something in the range of what is in game or a bit better and that only uses Hydrogen.

Another way would be to only have Naphtha in Adv Oil and when cracked it gives a better yield of Petrol gas than basic oil.

That's just my thoughts on The naphtha chain.

Can't wait till I can give this mod a try. It gives a nicer way to get sulfur than than base game, no more unneeded eating through my iron just to get batteries. :mrgreen:
Your Ideasounds good, but I dont really want to add naphtha only to crack it into petroleum. ;)
IchoTolot wrote:Love your work on the chemistry Natha, keep it up!

Problem is - as I tried the new version today, everythings seemed to work fine, but I cant find the liquid cooler/heater.
Either I'm blind atm, or these machines don't show up for me.
I'm also using Dytech/Treefrarm btw, but I don't think there is a conflicting problem at work.
Both machines should be present near to the furnaces ;)

IchoTolot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IchoTolot »

Natha wrote: Both machines should be present near to the furnaces ;)
I looked everywhere - here an image of the chemistry- and production-tab:

http://imgur.com/d9LI9Qk

I did all the researches, got the recipes for cooling'/heating, but not the appropriate machines.

Edit:
I just realized that I'm unable to produce sulfur dioxide, as I'd already researched sulfur-processing before installing the mod.

Edit2:
The cooler/heater is missing in newly created sandbox-game with everything researched as well (they do show up in the map editor though :)).

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

IchoTolot wrote:
Natha wrote: Both machines should be present near to the furnaces ;)
I looked everywhere - here an image of the chemistry- and production-tab:

http://imgur.com/d9LI9Qk

I did all the researches, got the recipes for cooling'/heating, but not the appropriate machines.

Edit:
I just realized that I'm unable to produce sulfur dioxide, as I'd already researched sulfur-processing before installing the mod.

Edit2:
The cooler/heater is missing in newly created sandbox-game with everything researched as well (they do show up in the map editor though :)).
I found the error, pls download the zip again :P

Hmmm, you cant craft sulfur dioxide, because you researched sulfur before the mod :D This is one thing i hate in Factorio ;) I should implement a method that unlocks the recipes when you load the game.

IchoTolot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IchoTolot »

Natha wrote: Hmmm, you cant craft sulfur dioxide, because you researched sulfur before the mod :D This is one thing i hate in Factorio ;) I should implement a method that unlocks the recipes when you load the game.
Ok, I'll download and test right away - it is possible to reset recipes and researches, but I wasn't able to get it to work:
https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... odding_FAQ (at the bottom)

Edit:
It works in a newly created sandbox-game now :)
So with a reset-functionality everything should be fine!

Edit2:
You could look into the migration system of Slipstream Chest, Degraine did manage to make his mod compatible with existing savegames ;)

Edit3:
I was able to fix my savegame using the following commands:
/c game.player.force.technologies["sulfur-processing"].researched = false
/c game.player.force.technologies["sulfur-processing"].researched = true
/c game.player.force.technologies["cryogenics"].researched = false
/c game.player.force.technologies["cryogenics"].researched = true

I'm able to craft the cooler/heater now and all the recipes are there as well :)
Making your mod compatible with existing savegames, should be a priority still - could give it a nice boost in popularity as a plus ;)

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

IchoTolot wrote:
Natha wrote: Hmmm, you cant craft sulfur dioxide, because you researched sulfur before the mod :D This is one thing i hate in Factorio ;) I should implement a method that unlocks the recipes when you load the game.
Ok, I'll download and test right away - it is possible to reset recipes and researches, but I wasn't able to get it to work:
https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... odding_FAQ (at the bottom)

Edit:
It works in a newly created sandbox-game now :)
So with a reset-functionality everything should be fine!

Edit2:
You could look into the migration system of Slipstream Chest, Degraine did manage to make his mod compatible with existing savegames ;)

Edit3:
I was able to fix my savegame using the following commands:
/c game.player.force.technologies["sulfur-processing"].researched = false
/c game.player.force.technologies["sulfur-processing"].researched = true
/c game.player.force.technologies["cryogenics"].researched = false
/c game.player.force.technologies["cryogenics"].researched = true

I'm able to craft the cooler/heater now and all the recipes are there as well :)
Making your mod compatible with existing savegames, should be a priority still - could give it a nice boost in popularity as a plus ;)
Hey, thanks for your help, I want to look quickly about it :D

IchoTolot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IchoTolot »

Natha wrote: Hey, thanks for your help, I want to look quickly about it :D
No problem.
Going to set up my chemistry-labs now! I'll be back in case I find something else :)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Have you looked into compatibility (on resources level at least) with Bob's mods?

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

orzelek wrote:Have you looked into compatibility (on resources level at least) with Bob's mods?
Should work. Bobs and my mod share e.g. the oxygen, hydrogen, sulfur dioxide and some other things.

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

I dont know why, but nothing works: No migration script (copied from Slipstream), doesnt work with control.lua ... even both methods: resettechnologies() and resetrecipes() and set tech to not researched and again to researched ... :(

IchoTolot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IchoTolot »

Natha wrote:I dont know why, but nothing works: No migration script (copied from Slipstream), doesnt work with control.lua ... even both methods: resettechnologies() and resetrecipes() and set tech to not researched and again to researched ... :(
I think it should be done via migrations.lua and and a file similar to the one in migrations folder of Slipstream (Slipstream_1.1.0.lua) - but if nothing works you can just ask Degraine directly as well.

Btw, setting a properly working factory to create sulfric acid is pretty hard :D It's a lot of fun though and adds quite some immersion!

Edit:
So I was finally able to create quite the chemical facility, producing sulfric acid in a delightful manner, here a picture of my setup:

I would love to see now, is a way to use that liquid hydrogen as a fuel source or some other means for it - atm it's just piling up like there is no tomorrow - and I have to manually release it by removing and replacing tanks, which is not that nice (it's better with cooling, but still).

Btw, I think a 3x3 building for cooling/heating would be better - maybe someone is even able to create a nice artwork for the machine - when you think about inserting the cooling liquid from top it's easy to know where to put which liquid/gas, but at the start it was a little confusing :D

Edit2:
What could definitely be added is the following reaction: 20H2 + 10O2 -> 20H2O (+Energy?)
I'm not sure how to implement the energy generation, but even a machine with very low energycost will do, so there is a use for both oxygen and hydrogen.

Edit3:
I finally researched advanced processing and now things are pretty balanced actually - I got the oxygen production and usage countered out and now that I need hydrogen for the advanced processing, things are pretty good again, big thumbs up from me! :D
(Using liquified hydrogen as a fuel source would still be pretty nifty though ;))

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Small bug report for 1.3.2 - cooling recipes have their results broken I think. The product is not the cooled liquid for most of them - it's something else(like water).

Natha
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Natha »

Your factory looks very nice! :D

I added solid fuel from liquid hydrogen to the todo list, in one of the next updates it will be implemented ;)
Same with water reaction (exothermic (oxyhydrogen)).
orzelek wrote:Small bug report for 1.3.2 - cooling recipes have their results broken I think. The product is not the cooled liquid for most of them - it's something else(like water).
I cant retrace this bug. In my game the right fluid is the result.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Ahh sorry I misunderstood how recipes work.
You always need liquid nitrogen to cool stuff so it's not temperature based but material based.

IchoTolot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IchoTolot »

Natha wrote: Your factory looks very nice! :D
Thanks, my first try was a little more messy, then I got myself a nice spot for the second time after I figured how it all connects together :)
Natha wrote: I added solid fuel from liquid hydrogen to the todo list, in one of the next updates it will be implemented ;)
Sounds nice, maybe not solidfuel though, but something like bottled liquid hydrogen (maybe some plastic/glas(dytech) + 1L liquid hydrogen) - compared to the other fuel-sources it could have a fuel value around 45-50MJ
(got the number from this list: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_density - compared to the ingame value of coal (8) and wood (4), 45-50 should be about right ;))
Natha wrote: Same with water reaction (exothermic (oxyhydrogen)).
About that: Maybe you could look into some of these applications and find a way to implement them in factorio? :D (The Oxyhydrogen torch looks quite useful, but I'm not sure about the implementation)
I thought about creating water at 100°C as well, but I guess it would be hard to not create a perpetuum mobile in the process, which shouldn't exist even in factorio - as nice as it would be ;)
Natha wrote:
orzelek wrote:Small bug report for 1.3.2 - cooling recipes have their results broken I think. The product is not the cooled liquid for most of them - it's something else(like water).
I cant retrace this bug. In my game the right fluid is the result.
These work fine for me as well!

Return to “Mods”