Topics and discussion about specific mods
KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 1.1] Sea Block Pack 0.5.12

Post by KiwiHawk »

Dr_Njitram wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 8:29 am
We are having some issues with compatibility with an older beacon mod. (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/beacon-overhaul)
I've added this to my list, thanks!
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

Teura
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Teura »

Is it intended that in red science, the very first one, the only way to get lead is by sorting rubyte ore to lead ore. Issue is that it gives nickel ore as well, but nickel has no uses whatsoever until in green science. Can't even process it, so all that can be done is stockpile it somewhere in a warehouse.

Running the complete modpack minus KS power.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

Teura wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 4:32 pm
Is it intended that in red science, the very first one, the only way to get lead is by sorting rubyte ore to lead ore. Issue is that it gives nickel ore as well, but nickel has no uses whatsoever until in green science. Can't even process it, so all that can be done is stockpile it somewhere in a warehouse.

That's correct. It basically means, you should get direct lead sorting asap. The nickel output is not more than an iron chest, if you beeline that.

mmaaddnndd12
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mmaaddnndd12 »

The mod list has a conflict between required mods. Bob's inserters no longer exists and is replaced by Bob's adjustable inserters. When i try to load this mod and the ScienceCostTweakerM mod i get this error (coppied in text since i cant get a screenshot to work)

ERROR LOADING MODS
Failed to load mods: Error in assignID: recipie with name 'lab-module' doesnt exist.
Source: sct-lab-modules (technology)

Mods to be disabled:
*ScienceCostTweakerM

what can i do to salvage this?
Attachments
image (11).png
image (11).png (22.42 KiB) Viewed 2187 times
image (11).png
image (11).png (22.42 KiB) Viewed 2187 times

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

mmaaddnndd12 wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:35 pm
The mod list has a conflict between required mods. Bob's inserters no longer exists and is replaced by Bob's adjustable inserters. When i try to load this mod and the ScienceCostTweakerM mod i get this error (coppied in text since i cant get a screenshot to work)

ERROR LOADING MODS
Failed to load mods: Error in assignID: recipie with name 'lab-module' doesnt exist.
Source: sct-lab-modules (technology)

Mods to be disabled:
*ScienceCostTweakerM

what can i do to salvage this?
The error is caused by Science Cost Tweaker. Sea Block fixes the error. You're seeing the error so that means that Sea Block isn't enabled. This is generally because you have an incompatible mod enabled: Alien Biomes or Angel's Exploration.

Disable all mods, then enable Sea Block Pack - Official. Check that this works for you first. Then add any additional QoL mods you fancy.

No, nothing has changed with Adjustable Inserters mod.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bobinserters

Let me know if this works for you? If not, we can probably help you quicker via the Sea Block discord
https://discord.gg/veAEAbGSaB
Dev for Bob's mods, Angel's mods, Helmod, Sea Block, Circuit Processing, Science Cost Tweaker.

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

I've just released an updated version of Science Cost Tweaker. This issue has been fixed - along with a bunch of others. You'll still need to work out why Sea Block isn't loading though. Either a missing required dependency or an enabled incompatibility.

Buy me a coffee

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 1.1] Sea Block Pack 0.5.14

Post by KiwiHawk »

Sea Block 0.5.14 has been released! Update all mods to the latest version in game. I'll get the first post updated later.

Breaking changes are list here, as usual.

Buy me a coffee

Azumi
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Azumi »

Any idea? The errors go back and forth between this and ScienceCostTweaker. I get the same error with the "lab module" thing as the poster above.

No other mods loaded that could conflict, it's purely what's needed to play Sea Block.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-01-01 213617.png
Screenshot 2024-01-01 213617.png (48.49 KiB) Viewed 1216 times

KiwiHawk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by KiwiHawk »

Azumi wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:15 pm
Any idea? The errors go back and forth between this and ScienceCostTweaker. I get the same error with the "lab module" thing as the poster above.

No other mods loaded that could conflict, it's purely what's needed to play Sea Block.
Looks like you need to update Bob's Library mod. All mods should be on the latest version.

Buy me a coffee

aprrpa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by aprrpa »

Hi. I have this problem when opening the game:

I have the latest version of factorio. (103 I think) "Angels" all are on the last version, and "Bobs" are on either 1.1.6 or 1.1.7/ List of other mods versions on the second image.

Please help)
Attachments
error.png
error.png (29.26 KiB) Viewed 816 times
Mods.png
Mods.png (84.34 KiB) Viewed 816 times
Last edited by aprrpa on Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

jodokus31 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:40 pm
Teura wrote:

That's correct. It basically means, you should get direct lead sorting asap. The nickel output is not more than an iron chest, if you beeline that.
Is it even worth it to use any of the mixed ore sortings other than what you need to research the direct ore sortings?

In my last game I didn't outomate any of the mixed ore sorting and just did a big by hand to get e.g. the needed lead.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by jodokus31 »

mrvn wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:47 am
jodokus31 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 5:40 pm
Teura wrote:

Is it even worth it to use any of the mixed ore sortings other than what you need to research the direct ore sortings?

In my last game I didn't outomate any of the mixed ore sorting and just did a big by hand to get e.g. the needed lead.
Mixed ore sorting is pretty underwhelming, although slagyield was buffed (2 instead of 1). There are some niche usages, f.e. mixed ore sorting of crushed bobmonium yields tin and silicon. Silicon is next tier and direct sorting for silicon requires chunks.

But its mainly an intermediate step to reach the direct sorting recipe, which needs the next tier of ore sorter.

Other alternatives are ferrous and cupric sorting, which have some nice usages

Return to “Mods”