Belt RouterThis QoL mod helps you path find belt routes from starting point (shift + right click) to ending point (shift + left click/shift + ctrl + left click) and creates a trail of belt ghosts.
Key bindings* "shift + right click" on starting belt to mark as transport line's starting point (click again to deselect)
* "shift + left click" on ending belt will connect the 1st selected starting point, while telling path finder to prefer underground belts
* "shift + ctrl + left click" on ending belt will only allow above ground belts to exists
* "shift + alt + left click" on ending belt will only use underground belt if necessary (= if underground can save enough distance)
Above key bindings can always be changed via *Settings -> Controls -> Mods -> Belt Router*
Additional Notes* You can also select multiple belts at the same time: https://imgur.com/a/RixRxmr https://imgur.com/a/aBp35yp
* You can also increase path finding speed, or increase path finding max reach by going to *Mod settings -> Per player -> Belt Router*
* You can also route pipe with same operation.
* Note that while most of the modded belts are supported, not many modded pipes are supported and trying to route them may create unexpected behavior. If you want a specific mod belt/pipe to be supported, please add a new thread in Discussion section.
Final wordsThanks everyone for supporting this mod during the beta preview! I can hardly see glitches and most of the functions are now completed after half month of effort. Finally, there are not that many places to improve, and this also means that I'm not going to work that much on this mod anymore. However, I'm still going to maintain this mod in the foreseeable future, so any idea/improvement are still greatly welcomed as always and I'll reply ASAP.
* TODO: Use JPS-A* algorithm for faster path finding speed
Special thanks to @ChrislyBear for fixing bug about building belts may collides with entity ghosts, @F0x06, @RusselRaZe and @Xiomax for bug reporting, @slippycheeze, @Qon for UI/algorithm suggestions!
I've spent hours implementing A* algorithm and Dijkstra algorithm for path finding. If you find this mod helpful, please give this project a star on my [github page](https://github.com/Seancheey/FactorioBeltRouter)