[Mod 0.4.x] Electric Furnace

Topics and discussion about specific mods
DarkGiovy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DarkGiovy »

This is my first mod for Factorio,it add a Electric Furnace to the game,this furnace is faster than that in stone and doesn't require coal, but electricity energy,thus avoiding huge files of transport belt to bring the coal to the furnaces :lol:
Sprites and animations were made ​​by me,good use ;)
Attachments
ElectricFurnace-DarkGiovy.rar
(99.78 KiB) Downloaded 1679 times

metzyn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Mod 0.4.x] Electric Furnace

Post by metzyn »

I like this idea and its cool you made your own graphics (I just made my own mod but am terrible with graphics so I just changed the coloring). I've always wanted to have an electric furnace, but my concern is now what do we do with coal? If we switch our operations to solar panels and electric furnaces... coal does what?

But great contribution!
Factorio Modder
Solar Expansion

DarkGiovy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DarkGiovy »

You can use it for stone furnaces or boiler and use this furnace if you want to avoid long routes of transport belt ;)

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

metzyn wrote:I like this idea and its cool you made your own graphics (I just made my own mod but am terrible with graphics so I just changed the coloring). I've always wanted to have an electric furnace, but my concern is now what do we do with coal? If we switch our operations to solar panels and electric furnaces... coal does what?

But great contribution!
Electric furnace shouldn't make it energetically cheaper.
I think it should actually be more expensive to have coal boil water, produce electricity and heat up iron to simply heat up iron directly.
Heating iron ore takes a lot of energy. Even solar-powered smelters (no electricity, but a mirror array concentrating the rays) take quite some area, which cannot be reduced, because sun doesn't deliver more energy.

PS: Well, you can make a ton of flamethrower ammo or mines.

Return to “Mods”