[MOD 0.11.16+] Logistics Wagons 0.2.3

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Rens2Sea
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.16] Logistics Wagons 0.2.0

Post by Rens2Sea »

Ok, so instead of doing that silly if check from my previous post add this to the top of function RequesterWagon:setRequestSlots():

Code: Select all

if self.requestSlots == nil then
	self:updateRequestSlots()
end
This immediately gets called after i load my bugged savegame (crashed happened a few second after the save), and my requester wagons seem to keep their logistics. Must test some more. Tomorrow.

gnz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gnz »

Rens2Sea wrote:Got a little bug.

Happens sometimes when a train (electric (5dim)) with requester wagons stops at a station.

Partly fixed it by changing line 57 in requesterwagon.lua from:
if self.proxy ~= nil and self.requestSlots ~= {} then
To:
if self.proxy ~= nil and self.slots ~= nil and self.requestSlots ~= {} then
This ONLY fixed the crashing, the request wagons lose the set logistics though, so they become useless :(
Please fix, my entire factory has been designed with requester wagons in mind.

EDIT: This was dumb, there isn't even a self.slots variable. Nevermind me, tired... :oops:
Ok, I'll see if I can reproduce it and I'll fix it then.

gnz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gnz »

Rens2Sea wrote:Ok, so instead of doing that silly if check from my previous post add this to the top of function RequesterWagon:setRequestSlots():

if self.requestSlots == nil then
	self:updateRequestSlots()
end
This immediately gets called after i load my bugged savegame (crashed happened a few second after the save), and my requester wagons seem to keep their logistics. Must test some more. Tomorrow.
It seems to have to do with that the requester slots weren't loaded properly. Essentially, I forgot a line. I threw in a nil check for good measure but in my tests I have a requester wagon going around for a good couple of autosaves now and save-load works.

I've uploaded a new version so grab that and it should hopefully sort you out.

Rens2Sea
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.16] Logistics Wagons 0.2.1

Post by Rens2Sea »

Thanks, works great now!

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Great Mod. I find it sometimes a bit derpy to get the process activated. I have a feeling it's because the train does not always go into a full stop or something around then. But when it steams up it seems to be at the right time.

I found a bug today with FARL Sadly. It seems that it does not remove the required items out of the logistic wagons. Instead it just duplicates them and never removes anything from the wagon.

To repeat the process at its weakest point we put 2 single straight rails into the wagons and just keep driving. Then you will have unlimited laying capabilities. Note if you only have one FARL assumes you run out because it took it out and does not see past the single one. This is why you need 2.

I hope this helps.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Kane wrote:I found a bug today with FARL Sadly. It seems that it does not remove the required items out of the logistic wagons. Instead it just duplicates them and never removes anything from the wagon.
Interesting :D Does it also duplicate rail signals/poles/lamps? If it is only rails then it's my/FARLS bug.
If not then changing line 60 in wagons/proxywagon.lua to

return true
could solve the bug, not sure though (but could lead to other problems/bugs)

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Choumiko wrote:
Kane wrote:I found a bug today with FARL Sadly. It seems that it does not remove the required items out of the logistic wagons. Instead it just duplicates them and never removes anything from the wagon.
Interesting :D Does it also duplicate rail signals/poles/lamps? If it is only rails then it's my/FARLS bug.
If not then changing line 60 in wagons/proxywagon.lua to

return true
could solve the bug, not sure though (but could lead to other problems/bugs)
I will go ahead and test changing line 60. It duplicates signals and power lines as well I'm 99% sure but I will check and reply if I'm wrong on that. Will also reply back after my results of testing this possible fix.

Thanks,
Kane

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Tested it with True on Line 60. It came back as a no go. Still caused it to duplicate and the basic robot functions did not seem to break.

I tried adding signal and rail and Power Lines and all of them duplicated without removing or destroying.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

It was a bug on my side, when testing if there are rails in the wagons i checked the wagon type, when removing i only removed from vanilla wagons.. so consider this one being fixed :D Uploading the fix right now

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Thank you! I can't wait to update and play it all day Via stream :)

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Sadly it seems that the update had killed the logistics wagons. For example you move the train and stop it would sort of place that icon down where the train is at and you know the bots would work. Well that only happens when you place it down. Now if you move and stop it does not seem to reset it correctly anymore. Meaning that you have to replace the wagon every single time you want the bots to interact with it.

But the good news is Farl is now using its contents :)

gnz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gnz »

Kane wrote:Sadly it seems that the update had killed the logistics wagons. For example you move the train and stop it would sort of place that icon down where the train is at and you know the bots would work. Well that only happens when you place it down. Now if you move and stop it does not seem to reset it correctly anymore. Meaning that you have to replace the wagon every single time you want the bots to interact with it.

The FARL update changed it to this? It kind of sounds like a bug on my end but it's strange an update to FARL broke it. I will have a look as quickly as I can.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

gnz wrote:
Kane wrote:Sadly it seems that the update had killed the logistics wagons. For example you move the train and stop it would sort of place that icon down where the train is at and you know the bots would work. Well that only happens when you place it down. Now if you move and stop it does not seem to reset it correctly anymore. Meaning that you have to replace the wagon every single time you want the bots to interact with it.

The FARL update changed it to this? It kind of sounds like a bug on my end but it's strange an update to FARL broke it. I will have a look as quickly as I can.
Thanks it could be something else causing it but I have not been able to get them to work correctly for a bit I'm pretty sure right after this update but I don't use them that often.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

I think i saw this when fixing FARL (meaning pre-update). Could be factorio 0.11.17 ? That's what i was using

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Choumiko wrote:
I think i saw this when fixing FARL (meaning pre-update). Could be factorio 0.11.17 ? That's what i was using
Could well been the 17 update. I am using that now updated it when it came out the next day.

gnz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gnz »

Kane wrote:
Choumiko wrote:
Could well been the 17 update. I am using that now updated it when it came out the next day.
I updated to .17 and tried the mod again and as far as I can see the requester wagon puts down the proxy chest correctly. Admittedly, I haven't tried this with FARL yet and I will get to that to see if there is an incompatibility.

Just for sanities sake, are these the steps you do to reproduce the bug on your end?
  • Put down a requester wagon, the square for the proxy chest is there
    Get in train and stop, the square for the proxy chest does not show up

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

gnz wrote:Just for sanities sake, are these the steps you do to reproduce the bug on your end?
I just tried it with the latest FARL and it worked for me, both with normal loco and a FARL. So i can't confirm the bug.
I noticed though that chests don't get removed when you are reversing, they only get removed once you go forward again. Should be ~= 0 on line 57 i guess

gnz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by gnz »

Choumiko wrote:
gnz wrote:Just for sanities sake, are these the steps you do to reproduce the bug on your end?
I just tried it with the latest FARL and it worked for me, both with normal loco and a FARL. So i can't confirm the bug.
I noticed though that chests don't get removed when you are reversing, they only get removed once you go forward again. Should be ~= 0 on line 57 i guess
That might very well be the bug that Kane found. I've updated the mod to address that for now, but I want to change this so that they join the logistics systems at small speeds. The thinking process is that if you're manual then sliding in towards the base should be sufficient to trigger it but when moving too quickly it takes it out so that the robots doesn't go chasing a quick train.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [MOD 0.11.16] Logistics Wagons 0.2.2

Post by ssilk »

I was so free to correct the download-link.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

gnz
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.16] Logistics Wagons 0.2.3

Post by gnz »

Minor change to increase the inventory size to match the cargo wagon size increase in 0.11.18

Return to “Mods”