[MOD 0.11.x] Peace Mod (With new way to get alien artifacts)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
vachu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[MOD 0.11.x] Peace Mod (With new way to get alien artifacts)

Post by vachu »

Overview
This mod completely removes enemies from the game, allowing the player to play the game in a peaceful way.

Twist: Enemy loot (alien artifacts) can still be acquired from a new alternative source.
Features
Configuration
Download (For Factorio 0.14.x)
The mod has been updated for Factorio 0.14 by cullyn. Please use this updated version if you are playing with the latest version of Factorio:
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/cullyn/peacemod

Download (For Factorio 0.11.x)
peacemod_0.1.0.zip
Peace Mod 0.1.0
(96.33 KiB) Downloaded 12202 times
Peace Mod in the spotlight!
The mod has been featured in a MOD Spotlight serie by FishSandwich. Check it out here: Factorio MOD Spotlight: Peace MOD 0.1.0
The mod is also used in a serie by Arumba. You can watch the serie here: Factorio Let's Play with Mods

This is my first mod, enjoy! Thanks to cullyn for keeping this mod updated!
Last edited by vachu on Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] Peace Mod

Post by FishSandwich »

Very nice! I was thinking about this recently, because most people will put alien artifacts as craftable from other items, I was wondering what it would be like if it could be gotten from ore patches. :D

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Adil »

Ah, I see Alberts devpost is still having consequences. :lol:
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

vachu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vachu »

FishSandwich wrote:Very nice! I was thinking about this recently, because most people will put alien artifacts as craftable from other items, I was wondering what it would be like if it could be gotten from ore patches. :D
Yes, I wanted the alien artifacts to be craftable by an independent source. I always felt it was weird to craft them from potions or stuff like that... Also, I wanted a recipe that uses the same ore in multiple ways. So you need to both smelt the raw ore and mix the raw ore in a chemical reaction to get the needed ingredients for the final recipe.
Adil wrote:Ah, I see Alberts devpost is still having consequences. :lol:
Yes, sympathy for the creeper indeed. :D

Xecutor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] Peace Mod (With new way to get alien artifa

Post by Xecutor »

Wow. Cool idea, good mod :)

syndicatedragon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by syndicatedragon »

This is a really great mod. Thanks!

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

mod will work already started in the game? if you set.

vachu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vachu »

Airat9000 wrote:mod will work already started in the game? if you set.
I have not tested it, but considering how Factorio works, enemy bases already spawned should stay there until you either defeat them or force kill them via a console command. Then, new chunks when generated should not have enemies. Same for the alien ore that the mod adds: Existing chunks will not have any but exploring the map and generating new chunks should spawn some.

Thanks to everyone for downloading the mod. Let me know if any of you have balance issues. I tried to balance it so that it takes about as much commitment to get the artifacts from the new source as from fighting the enemies. But that is only with my own tests so any feedback on your experience with the mod is welcomed!

Wyrm
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Wyrm »

Am I weird for still wanting there to be aliens around to hassle me, even with this mod?

Maybe another config setting: spawnAlienMode:
'none' = Aliens do not spawn. Your only source for alien artifacts is the alien ore.
'normal' = Aliens spawn as normal. You may now get alien artifacts without harassing them. (Unless they spawn atop the ore.)
'guard' = Aliens spawn atop the ore exclusively, and do not drop alien artifacts when eliminated. The alien ore is still your only source for alien artifacts, but now the aliens will get REALLY mad for raiding their precious minerals. (Suggested you keep your military tech.)

vachu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vachu »

Wyrm wrote:Am I weird for still wanting there to be aliens around to hassle me, even with this mod?
Not at all! And you can enable the enemies by using enemiesSpawn=true in the mod's config.lua. Just remember to also set removeMilitaryTech=false if you want to be able to fight them.

And good idea for enemies spawning over the ore. Not sure if this can be done easily but I might look into it next time I work on the mod.

SephiXan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] Peace Mod (With new way to get alien artifacts)

Post by SephiXan »

I think this is a rather nice way of wanting to build late game items without the trouble of all the biters. I have been in my runs lately set biters to rather high levels so I could have plenty of artifacts nearby, but that made the early game hit or miss on whether or not I would get overrun from wanting to build big before setting up defenses everywhere. Also the flexibility of being able to tweak the mod to still allow the combat is a nice inclusion. In other news I was enlightened of this mod through Arumba who is using it on his next youtube series. Link below if you want to check it out vachu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J9v8z2wr6c

vachu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by vachu »

Glad you like the mod! And thanks for pointing out the new Arumba series! It's nice to see my mod getting used. :D This also explains why it suddenly got downloaded so much haha.

Watching the Arumba videos now, I'm hoping nothing breaks along the way! Fingers crossed!

starxplor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starxplor »

The default to disable warfare tech causes an error when loading with some other mod(s).

Anyone who has the following error may want to try enabling warfare tech in the config:
Error Util.cpp:43: Error in assignID, 'laser-turrets' was not recognized

pacmanlite
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pacmanlite »

The mod says on the mod list that it requires 0.11.0 but i can can not get this version any more, is this right? :?

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

pacmanlite wrote:The mod says on the mod list that it requires 0.11.0 but i can can not get this version any more, is this right? :?
Where does it say that?

Anyway it works with the most recent version(0.11.20)

pacmanlite
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pacmanlite »

FishSandwich wrote:
pacmanlite wrote:The mod says on the mod list that it requires 0.11.0 but i can can not get this version any more, is this right? :?
Where does it say that?

If you go on the mods tab in Factorio it is highlighted red and when you click on it the requirements says "base >=0.11.0

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

pacmanlite wrote:
FishSandwich wrote:
Where does it say that?

If you go on the mods tab in Factorio it is highlighted red and when you click on it the requirements says "base >=0.11.0
Oh. You can go ahead and ignore that. It works fine on the recent version(now 0.11.21)

pacmanlite
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pacmanlite »

FishSandwich wrote:
pacmanlite wrote:
FishSandwich wrote:
Where does it say that?

Oh. You can go ahead and ignore that. It works fine on the recent version(now 0.11.21)
Thanks for the help. Factorio is still in alpha so it is always good to get advice.

Nagshell
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nagshell »

Well, version 0.11.21 > 0.11.0, so requirement >=0.11.0 is true in that case.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Hey,

I installed the mod in an already existing world. I managed to delete all the aliens nests, worms and biters/spitters, but the recipes will not show up. I had Alien Tech already researched, in the T menu it shows that the recipes should be there, but they won't show up in the Crafting menu. Can you gimme a hand?

Return to “Mods”