I N T R O D U C T I O N
Hi guys, let's talk about our mod! The original Krastorio mod began as a small mod which eventually grew to the size that it is now.
Krastorio was for us (Linver and Krastor) a sort of "playground" where we learned how to make mods. However, after developing our skills we were able to discover a vision of what we wanted Krastorio to be. This vision is somewhat different from what we initially planned and since we lacked experience in mod creation for Factorio a lot of features were not planned initially. This led to the original Krastorio having various problems. Here are just a few of them:
- Crappy spooky scary code written by Krastor (Yes, Linver fixed a lot, but not all).
- Little content in the early stages of the game.
- A huge number of options in the settings.
- Poor energy balance. Especially after adding the Fusion Reactor.
- Unnecessary recipes.
- Colored buildings with the same model.
- Lack of sprites inside animations.
- Early models with poor textures and shaders.
- Two sciences at one time (Flasks and Scientific Data).
- Cheating buildings.
A B O U T . M O D
Krastorio 2, like it's predecessor, introduces new energy sources, buildings, ores, technologies, turrets, coverings, fuel, ways of producing science, and a major re-balance of many vanilla features. Instead of creating an augmented experience, a total overhaul, or revolutionary new gameplay we wanted to expand upon the vanilla style of the game that we love. To accomplish this we paid special attention to the energy systems and endgame. All of this was accomplished from scratch in order to improve upon the code scturcture and balancing. The mod adds a large number of improvements from Krastorio Legacy such as:
- All new high resolution animated sprites
- More than 300 new and unique icons (not re-skinned variations of the same icon)
- Over 40 brand new buildings
- Over 100 new technologies
- New weapons
- New signals
- New Resources
- Combat and fuel mechanics overhaul
- Tiles features
- And much more!
Let's take a look at the four new resources!
- Rare metals: Typically in mods you will see implementation of new advanced resources like titanium, tantalum, platinum. What we have decided to do is add a resource that represent all mid game advanced materials.
- Imersite: this is a sci-fi, end game resource. It was present in Krastorio Legacy along with Menarite. We've opted to completely remove Menarite to focus usage on Imersite. This material can be converted into different variations such as crystal or an alloy version called Imersium.
- Mineral water: this is an oil like resource used to create some mid game items such as lithium.
This is Creep which is generated under biter nests and can be harvested to produce biomass. Biomass is used for military research and to make items like fertilizer or first aid kits. In the early game in order for players to improve military research they must collect creep killing biters bases, later in the game is possible grow it using the bio lab.
Another feature we are proud to introduce is our in-game WiKi:
We hope that other modders will take K2 as example and in-game WiKi will become the standard for all global mods! Also, at one point, Krastor went crazy and deicded to do a combat and fuel overhaul:
Thanks to Linver, you can turn it off in the settings, but it’s definitely worth trying new battles. This is similar to KS Combat by Klonan, but optimized for K2 with some different features. Now, bullets are physical objects that have their own speed and slow down during flight. Also, the different types of ammunition are painted in their own color and have unique features:
- Yellow bullets have standard velocity and an increased rate of fire.
- Red bullets have standard velocity and increased damage.
- Green bullets are depleted uranium bullets. They have standard velocity and deal additional radiation damage.
- Purple bullets are imersite bullets. These bullets have an increased initial speed and cause additional energy damage.
The next unique feature that we want to talk about is a new victory condition.
Now it’s not enough to launch a rocket. You need to create an Intergalactic Transmitter to send the S.O.S. signal to the native star system. Now you have the sense and motivation to develop your base after launching a rocket. New achievements have also been added. Yay!
S C I E N C E
Science packs have been reworked, they are now all tech cards. Tech cards are divided into three tiers of cards and four types of research data. Each tier can only be researched with the right type of laboratory:
(You can see BiusArt lent us the sprites for one of the labs.)
E Q U I P M E N T
As in KL, equipment in K2 is an important part of the mod. Moreover, along with fuel overhaul, equipment for transport is necessary to increase the transport speed. Be careful, all generators require fuel.
S E T T I N G S
We are exhausted from constantly telling people that many aspects of the mod can be customized in the settings. So don't forget to check the before you start playing! Also check out the in-game WiKi where you'll be able to find answers to many of your questions!
E N D . G A M E . B U I L D I N G S
O T H E R
KL buildings remodeling examples:
Examples of new stuff:
R E C O M M E N D E D . M O D S
C O M P A T I B I L I T Y
NOT COMPATIBLE WITH B&A. Why? It is not easy to make compatibility for global mods. We simply don't have the time and energy to do this. If you would liketo do this yourself K2 has many tools for this and has an open license, so you can use all of our resources.
In general K2 should be compatible with many small mods.
And remember, K2 already contains many QOL improvements.
It will be compatible with IR (If DeadLock come back to modding) and SE. Likely.
Compatibile with Resource Spawner Overhaul (RSO)!
D O . Y O U . W A N T . H A V E . A . W I K I . L I K E . K R A S T O R I O 2?
See our dedicated mod: Booktorio
H E L P ?
If you can create good 3D models we would be grateful for your help. You can also offer your ideas if you can implement them....... We would also like to thank BiusArt for allowing us to use the "BiusArt Lab" in K2, thereby it helped a lot and brought the mod release closer! Thanks!
Also you can support us on Patreon.
We will also need help in translating the mod. Now we have native speakers of:
Italian, Russian and French.
W H E N ?
Closed testing is already underway and if all goes well, then the release date is March Friday the 13th.
C R E D I T S
We want give special thanks to:
for give permission to use his sprites the second tier laboratory from mod:
- Topaz Gigapixel and VetraNyx
for 2 HD icon of items taken from mod (0.0.4 - MIT):
- Bilka and Gangsir
for background (gears) icons of achievement images
with explicit consent of external use,
taken from mod More Achievements (0.5.1 - GNU GPLv3)
Our main team: Krastor and Linver
Our other mods: Krastorio Legacy / Fluid Must Flow
News and support: Discord / Patreon
This mod is part of mods developed by Krastorio Team