Topics and discussion about specific mods
raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[0.18+] Editor Extensions

Post by raiguard »

Mod Portal link
GitHub link

Extends the Factorio map editor with new tools and utilities, and makes tweaks to aid with sandbox play. Adds a suite of supercharged items and entities to assist with testing setups, and allows for easy and painless switching between the editor and normal play.

This mod is the successor to Infinity Mode, which was inspired by Creative Mode.

Testing tools

This mod includes a ton of items and tools to aid with testing your setups. Supercharged robots, energy-free inserters, infinite item, fluid, heat, and electricity manipulation, and overpowered modules are just a few of the tools at your disposal.

Mode switching

This mod adds a shortcut button to toggle the map editor. This makes it painless to switch to the editor when you need it, and switch back when you want to have a body again. You can also toggle modes with Ctrl + Shift + E.

Using a character

Editor Extensions is primarily meant to be used inside of the map editor (hence the name), but it is possible to access the tools outside of the editor as well by enabling cheat mode. This can be done with the /cheat or /cheat all commands. There is also a custom /ee_cheat command that will outfit you with infinity equipment and items.

When cheat mode is activated, your cursor and inventory will also be synced between the editor and regular play, allowing for seamless switching between the two modes. When cheat mode is not active, the editor and regular play are completely separated.

Infinity inventory filters

When you are in the map editor, you have access to Infinity Inventory Filters, which allows you to manage what items are in your inventory with ease. Editor Extensions adds buttons to import and export these filters, allowing you to switch between inventories with ease. You can also set a default set of filters that will automatically be applied when entering the editor for the first time.
Don't forget, you're here forever.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.18+] Editor Extensions

Post by Koub »

I'm baffled no one wrote to tell how awesome this mod is for designing purpose.

Right to the point : Is it possible to add copy-paste mechanic from fluid infinite pipe to constant combinator the same way it exists for infinite loaders => constant combinators ?

I find practical to use constant combinators to signal what should go on a belt when I design a blueprint on my test factory, and the copy-paste shortcut from infinite providing entity to constant combinator is godsend for that. I wish there was the same for infinity pipes to remove the tedium when signaling what fluid should go into a pipe.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by raiguard »

Thank you for the kind words!

I went ahead and added copy/paste between infinity pipes and constant combinators. Since the base game doesn't support this, I had to do some trickery, and so the green highlight box on the source entity won't show up like it usually does when copy/pasting between entities. But, it does work! :)

EDIT: Lol, it's been brought to my attention that you can define custom copy/paste paths in the data stage. So my hacky implementation with custom inputs isn't actually needed!
2020-10-21 21_27_57-Factorio 1.0.0.png
2020-10-21 21_27_57-Factorio 1.0.0.png (42.45 KiB) Viewed 4519 times

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Very neat, works perfectly, thanks. The "copy" indicator not being green is a negligible inconvenience compared to the feature, believe me :).

While I'm at it, I've been using extensively your recent addition to EE, namely the flow adjustable pump, and was wondering : would it be complicated to have a switch to choose between time units ? I'm usually designing all my factory in terms of "items per minute", and the pump is exclusively in "units per second". I think I have done more divisions by 60 in the last weeks than in the rest of my whole life :lol:.

I don't know what time frame people usually use for designing their bases, so maybe you could add a radio button to choose from u/s and u/mn ? And maybe even u/h ? I honestly don't know if some people do their planning in rates per hour, but I guess the additional effort would be minimal, and it would make it on par with Kirk mc Donald's calculator's features (which I'm sure many people use for their planning).
The TL;DR
Please add a radio button on the adjustable pump interface to choose from units/second and units per minute (and optionally units/hour).

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Raiguard wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:28 am
the green highlight box on the source entity won't show up like it usually does
Gotta do it the manual way :geek:

Code: Select all

/sudo nauvis.create_entity{
  name = 'highlight-box',
  bounding_box = that.selection_box,
  box_type = 'copy',
  position = there,
  blink_interval = 0,
  }
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by raiguard »

I can probably update the GUI to make the base unit adjustable. It won't come until Factorio 1.1 though, which will have my new GUI framework that I've been developing for the past month.

As for the highlight box, that will be solved once I switch away from my hacked solution to the built-in one. I just wish that Bilka had pointed out that prototype property to me sooner!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

It's okay, I'm not in that much of a hurry, I still have hundreds of hours of designing before me, I can wait :).

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Raiguard wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:44 am
I just wish that Bilka had pointed out that prototype property to me sooner!
Which one?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

raiguard
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by raiguard »

eradicator wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:18 pm
Raiguard wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:44 am
I just wish that Bilka had pointed out that prototype property to me sooner!
Which one?
additional_pastable_entities
2020-10-22 13_03_39-Factorio 1.0.0.png
2020-10-22 13_03_39-Factorio 1.0.0.png (40.92 KiB) Viewed 4441 times

JohnJuanJean
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by JohnJuanJean »

Anyone gotten Editor Extensions to work with Yuoki Engines? When I try them together, I get:
Error loading mods

Failed to load mods: Error while loading entity prototype "ee-infinity-loader-loader-ye_tranport_tube_orange, underground" (loader-1x1): Key "belt_horizontal" not found in property tree at ROOT.loader-1x1.ee-Infinity-loader-loader-ye_tranport tube orange underground

Modifications: Editor Extensions

Mods to be disabled:

EditorExtensions (1.9.5)
Looks like Yuoki Engines might be classifying the transport tube as a belt? No idea what that is. Was trying to use Editor Extensions to experiment with the mod and build some blueprints.

Shadow_Dragon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shadow_Dragon »

JohnJuanJean wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:00 am
Anyone gotten Editor Extensions to work with Yuoki Engines? When I try them together, I get:
Error loading mods

Failed to load mods: Error while loading entity prototype "ee-infinity-loader-loader-ye_tranport_tube_orange, underground" (loader-1x1): Key "belt_horizontal" not found in property tree at ROOT.loader-1x1.ee-Infinity-loader-loader-ye_tranport tube orange underground

Modifications: Editor Extensions

Mods to be disabled:

EditorExtensions (1.9.5)
Looks like Yuoki Engines might be classifying the transport tube as a belt? No idea what that is. Was trying to use Editor Extensions to experiment with the mod and build some blueprints.
I have the same problem!

Return to “Mods”