Simon's Lights / no night darkness

Topics and discussion about specific mods
150d
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Simon's Lights / no night darkness

Post by 150d »

Hi,

I came back to Factorio after a while and found the old mods to no longer be working. For some I found updated versions, but not for "Simon's Lights" that lights up the night.

Is there an alternative? Ideally, I don't even want to see that it's night at all. It should look "as day as possible".

Regards

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Simon's Lights / no night darkness

Post by eradicator »

Looked at the code of "Simon's Lights" and it doesn't do much. Should work fine if you just open up info.json and change the version number. If you just want actual day (i.e. solars produce constantly) that's even easier:

Code: Select all

/c for _,s in pairs(game.surfaces) do s.always_day=true end 
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Oktokolo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Oktokolo »

Someone asked for an update for Simon's Lights nine months ago and got no answer.
But the mod is MIT licensed and looks like it is trivial to update.
So you could fork it, change the info.json, test whether anything broke and publish the updated fork on the mod portal. Should be an easy entrance into modding.

150d
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by 150d »

It never occured to me that it would be this easy. You were right, a little editing was all it took (besides the version number a variable name had changed in v17, but this as well was an easy fix.)

I have it working now (I decided to keep the night/day change and not do a permanent day after all - more elegant. :-) )

So I need to read up on how to publish a fork, then we're all set. :-)

Regards

Return to “Mods”