[MOD 0.17+] Factory Planner

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Therenas
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[MOD 0.17+] Factory Planner

Post by Therenas »

Relevant Links
Download it on the mod portal, where you'll also find an extended description and more screenshots.
If you've got suggestions or bug reports, I'd prefer them to go to the mod portal or onto the Factory Planner Discord (feel free to join).
If you want to take a look at what is planned for the future, I've got a public Trello board that I use to organize my notes.
Description
Factory Planner is a mod that allows you to plan out your production in advance. This means you select the products you want to produce and specifiy the recipes, machines and modules to accomplish that task. You can choose which timescale to use, incorporate mining productivity, and use custom default machines for every kind of recipe. To be able to better structure your plans on large projects, you can create infinitely nesting subfloors that further lay out a specific recipe.

It is similar to Helmod in many ways. My goal was to improve on multiple aspects of it, most importantly making a mod that's more convenient and intuitive to use. It should also have better performance and a prettier interface. You be the judge on whether I accomplished this. Development is still ongoing of course, and many features are planned. Chief among them is a new, better calculation model. For more details, check out the public Trello linked above.

The main hubs for this project are the mod portal page and Discord for sure, so check those out for the most up-to-date information. Thanks to anyone that contributed suggestions and bug reports to this project, I really appreciate it.

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1.25] Error on_gui_opened caused in Factory Planner

Post by Impatient »

Hi Therenas!

I am posting here, because it isn't possible to upload anything on the mod portal discussions (afaik) and I think for this I need to send you some files.

1. The error message
Factory_Planner.1_1_25.error.on_gui_opened.jpg
Factory_Planner.1_1_25.error.on_gui_opened.jpg (60.5 KiB) Viewed 1268 times

The current log is also attached.

2. What did I do before this happened?

Context: I am playing a Comfy scenario in single player. With a ton of mods.

I opened the comfy player list tab (a custom gui added by the comfy scenario). Then I opened a chest. The error occured as soon as I opened the chest.

Active mods in this game

3. Steps to reproduce

- Load the attached save.
- Open the Comfy players list tab by clicking the button with the fish in the upper left corner and close it again by clicking the same button.
- Open your inventory.

4. Thoughts
I have the feeling the Comfy script messes something up but Factory Planner is the mod that gets thrown off track.

As the error message mentions FP I am posting this to you first. If you conclude this is the result of the Comfy scenario doing things to the event or gui elements it should not do, then I will also post it to the Comfy github repo.

I hope this helps. Cheers!
Attachments
od-0009.zip
(73.79 MiB) Downloaded 98 times
factorio-current.log
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 67 times

Therenas
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [MOD 0.17+] Factory Planner

Post by Therenas »

Hi, thanks for the very detailed report, appreciate it! I‘ll try to have a look soon.

Edit: I fixed this bug, more info on the mod portal.

Return to “Mods”