Cursed Exp - Main

Topics and discussion about specific mods
oktabyte
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.6] Cursed Exp - v0.0.13

Post by oktabyte »

thanks for the update! But I think you might need to fix the download link for it :D

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

oktabyte wrote:thanks for the update! But I think you might need to fix the download link for it :D
wow too fast, i've deleted the link because i've uploaded a bad version, now work.

oktabyte
Inserter
Inserter

Post by oktabyte »

Testing for 1:15h, everything now seems stable, didn't have anymore crashes. Replay desync seems to be fixed aswell :D Great update

Dodging_Rain
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dodging_Rain »

I been finding that when you try to build something, the ghost image of the building sometimes disappears when it is below (or south) the position of your player. Nothing game breaking that requires .14 though.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Dodging_Rain wrote:I been finding that when you try to build something, the ghost image of the building sometimes disappears when it is below (or south) the position of your player. Nothing game breaking that requires .14 though.
That is because your arrow with the building is on a flow element of gui, you can build but can't see the entity. Tries to maintain cursed gui closed, for the next version all the gui is a little square, clicking this button can open all normal gui.
And i want to use styles for order all gui, i don't like it now.

Now i'm working in revive for SP and the cost of revive... Is almost certainly a Tier 6 talent for life.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

New gui:
Coming soon for colorblind

New building and compass:

I've wrote all ideas and i have a list of 60-70 lines, maybe 15 of this for next release :)

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Interesting. Looking forward to it.
Have you considered a fix for not being able to place donated blood into tanks more than one at a time?
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

n9103 wrote:Interesting. Looking forward to it.
Have you considered a fix for not being able to place donated blood into tanks more than one at a time?
I hadn't thought of that.
When "builds" a donation i can see how many items has on the hand and add all of this.

EDIT: It's done.
Thanks.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Cool. Glad to be of service supplying suggestions concisely.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

And the biggest change
If you "teleport to base", you don't teleport, you rebirth on your base, your body haven't a soul, but his heart beats.

... Each ability of have a body, costs 4000 hearts for the talent and 500 litres of blood for the corpse, the body isn't indestructible, if any kills that body, need craft a new body only for 500 litres of blood.
I can do that the body defends for herself, but is a big use of resources(maybe if i make a tower like a player, but is very hard for nothing) and he can't have a railgun, only with a pistol or cursed bow level 1 :D
This is with cheat.
EDIT: When you have more than 1 body, you can move your soul for every body and can return a body to base.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

Next release maybe is finished tomorrow..
Other new feature...

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.6] Cursed Exp - v0.1.1

Post by L0771 »

Updated v0.1.1
Walls are added but can't buy for now, i have a problem when this level up and to build (I need create and change every block with code, i haven't created T and L pipes, but it is for a future (and gates i don't know how to do this :) )

And i thinking in stop with this, use lot of my time and the last update ( without bugs and crashes) it have only 53 dl in 9 days (above 6/day).
v0.1.1

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

And i thinking in stop with this, use lot of my time and the last update ( without bugs and crashes) it have only 53 dl in 9 days (above 6/day).
Since the last release, and most of the one before that, was mostly just bugfixes, you shouldn't judge interest on their numbers.

AlyxDeLunar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlyxDeLunar »

Whoa!

I just noticed an update to the mod. This looks like a lot of new additions since the last one, awesome! I am definitely going to try this.

I was playing a couple versions go with a mix of other mods (hardcorio and bob's+DyTech Core being the major ones), and it made a really interesting combination, with your mod being a fun alternate tech route, along with providing me a handy way to have some better defense early on (with hardcorio requiring hydrogen production for weaponry, and bob's+DyTech requiring clean water, which requires research...weaponry is a long way off), go sunken colonies!

It's definitely the most unique mod I have seen, and I appreciate the work you've done on it :)

P.S. I have been chuckling since first seeing the mod at the graphics. I never felt so much like an infested Terran before, I'm calling my character Duran now.
Sometimes humorous, usually congenial. Always Alyx.

My Stuff:
Lunar's Factorio Mod Manager

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

AlyxDeLunar wrote:Whoa!

I just noticed an update to the mod. This looks like a lot of new additions since the last one, awesome! I am definitely going to try this.

I was playing a couple versions go with a mix of other mods (hardcorio and bob's+DyTech Core being the major ones), and it made a really interesting combination, with your mod being a fun alternate tech route, along with providing me a handy way to have some better defense early on (with hardcorio requiring hydrogen production for weaponry, and bob's+DyTech requiring clean water, which requires research...weaponry is a long way off), go sunken colonies!

It's definitely the most unique mod I have seen, and I appreciate the work you've done on it :)

P.S. I have been chuckling since first seeing the mod at the graphics. I never felt so much like an infested Terran before, I'm calling my character Duran now.
Whoa, just take it easy, man (?)
Thanks for feedback ;)

I think it is compatible with all mods, i don't testes with hardcorio.
Turrets aren't early-game, maybe if make donations from the begining and save all talents until fluid-handling technology...
But sunken colony level 1 have low damage, at level 50 have "only" 150 dmg / hit, 1425 HP and 150 HP regen / 3 sec, but it is impossible to get so high, i need balance this, i know :lol:
Can buy a sunken colony and make 3 upgrade and can have a sunken colony level 5, have 15 damage, 275 HP and 15 HP regen / 3 sec... semi-early ;)
I think the "bow" is op (is a spike, the arm of the infected terran xD )

I'm trying create "new" entities manipulating this with lua, but I have problems with the resources used.

And if you change your nick, loses all stats, is like start again, all mod is late-game, very late,

XxNeeD4BlooDxX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by XxNeeD4BlooDxX »

the mod looks awesome but cannot play it cuz on loading aparently there is something wrong
"Path __Cursed-Tombs__/graphics/entities/tomb/cursed-tomb.png does not match any mod"

Tyrithe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tyrithe »

XxNeeD4BlooDxX wrote:the mod looks awesome but cannot play it cuz on loading aparently there is something wrong
"Path __Cursed-Tombs__/graphics/entities/tomb/cursed-tomb.png does not match any mod"
I had this problem myself, If you open /prototypes/entities/cursed-tomb.lua
And change
__Cursed-Tombs__/graphics/icons/tomb/
to
__Cursed-Exp__/graphics/icons/tomb/

and
__Cursed-Tombs__/graphics/entities/tomb/
to
__Cursed-Exp__/graphics/entities/tomb/

It should work after changing those two lines.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.6] Cursed Exp - v0.1.2

Post by L0771 »

It's my problem, sorry, this fixes now, I thought I tested all, but i forget delete old folder :oops:

Update v0.1.2
Tyrithe wrote:change
__Cursed-Tombs__/graphics/icons/tomb/
to
__Cursed-Exp__/graphics/icons/tomb/

and
__Cursed-Tombs__/graphics/entities/tomb/
to
__Cursed-Exp__/graphics/entities/tomb/

It should work after changing those two lines.
yep, is this.

L0771
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by L0771 »

n9103 wrote:
Since the last release, and most of the one before that, was mostly just bugfixes, you shouldn't judge interest on their numbers.
Sorry, i read this just now, i allways use this link -.-

I'm not sure, i only need finish walls, minions and others stuff, and wait for a new update for onplayerdamage or some called when player hit anything.
When i finishes all this, i just need maintain.

... And make new sprites, like now but better.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.6] Cursed Exp - v0.1.2

Post by n9103 »

Oh, well if you meant that you were planning on not further expanding it, then that's different.
Many of my preferred mods haven't expanded their functions/features in several versions, only doing update compatibility patches.
I think that's a perfectly rational decision if you're thinking of working on something else.
I had interpreted it as you saying you weren't going to support this mod at all, as in not even compatibility, which would have been a real shame.
No worries now. All sounds good :)

Return to “Mods”